How to connect Tp link wifi router with Bsnl Wmax

Tech_chaos

Broken In
I have taken Bsnl wimax connection last month..

The wimax device is from zte name ox253p ..

When I power on the cpe then I have to always click connect in browser then after few seconds the wimax gets connected..

Recently I bought TP-LINK TL-WR740N router for my bsnl wimax..
Speed & signal is perfect of bsnl wimax but I need to connect my router to it for browsing internet from mobile n wirelessly from laptop..

Some Help from Digitians will be really very grateful to me..

As I don't know how to configure router in bsnl wimax ... so don't want to mess-ud up:-(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
need more details.does your zte has wan/lan output port?if yes then simply select connection type as dynamic ip address in tp-link & connect its wan port to zte wan/lan port.

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
the cpe is outdoor i have mounted it on my terrace .. n connected cable from cpe to power adapter in room then a lan cable from lan port of adapter goes to pc lan port for internet access..

Bro see this video.. its the same one ..
just help me out..

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
the bsnl zte outdoor wimax cpe equipment , the power adapter for which has 2 ports (POE where the cable from the wimax cpe is input AND another LAN port from which the cable is connected to pc for using internet

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
just connect zte lan port to wan port of tp-link router.read the tp-link manual(or download pdf from site) to set connection type as dynamic ip.

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
just connect zte lan port to wan port of tp-link router.read the tp-link manual(or download pdf from site) to set connection type as dynamic ip.

I connected it but when I click on auto detect at tplinklogin.net it detects as static ip ...
And any way to make it connec automatically.. ox23p has it's own config account too..

I can show you the screenshot but plz help bro ..

In zte cpe config login there is dhcp/router mode bridge mode etc

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes do post screenshots of config pages of zte & tp-link.use forum attachment or use imgur if possible & uncheck/deselect the resize image option.

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
Here are the screenshots ..
all the ss of zte wimax cpe config login ..

and how wimax used to connect to internet when i power on the zte cpe power adapter ...where it uses to click on connect to connect on internet...
Btw saw a bsnl guy who demads 1k for router configuration who do configure it as auto connect mode ...

Here are the Picx

View attachment 11933
View attachment 11934
View attachment 11935
View attachment 11936
View attachment 11937
View attachment 11938
View attachment 11939
View attachment 11940
View attachment 11941
View attachment 11942

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
ok keep these settings for reference.change mode to bridge mode & select advanced bridge mode as standard bridge as shown in Untitled8.jpg.change nothing else & check that in untitled3.jpg under isp parameters only things removed are username & password with rest of the settings remain same else set them like before.after that connect only tp-link router to pc & open its settings page 192.168.0.1.go to network---wan settings select connection type as pppoe & enter username/password.select connect automatically option.after doing this connect lan wire from lan port of zte to wan port of tp-link.if it works you should see connected info like ip address(117.x.x.x) in tp-link status page.

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
I done the above.. bt after selecting bridge mode & advanced bridge as standard bridge no option or connect page of wimax coming .. no internet acess.. nt able to use router bro..

and even my wimax router login page 192.168.1.1 is not opening..

when i open ipconfig from cmd in cmd its ip 192.168.1.33
subnet mask 255.255.255.0 n default gateway is blank which used to show 192.168.1.1 before..
How to reset the bro... plz help..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
there should be a reset switch(usually in the shape of a small hole) at the back or bottom of the model.insert a pin & keep it pressed for ~30 seconds while it is on & then release & it should reset(note power loss must not happen during this process so connect modem to ups/inverter when doing this).i am assuming you are asking about tp-link router.

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
there should be a reset switch(usually in the shape of a small hole) at the back or bottom of the model.insert a pin & keep it pressed for ~30 seconds while it is on & then release & it should reset(note power loss must not happen during this process so connect modem to ups/inverter when doing this).i am assuming you are asking about tp-link router.

naa bro.. I m asking abt wimax device..
there is no reset switch or hole on the zte wimax cpe..
But a bsnl guy used to insert a screwdriver under the wimax cpe to reset it..
So don't know it..
and the bsnl guy will charge 400 for resetting it..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
not possible.every wifi/wired modem/router has a reset switch.look carefully.hole may be hidden below some structure or look for a place where a screwdriver can be possibly inserted(maybe it is shaped like a screw hole).if still no success post detailed images of modem from all sides here(use imgur to upload images & check no resize option is selected).in the meantime post your ipconfig /all results.changing bridge settings should not affect lan settings of wifi modem.try the wifi modem on some other system(or laptop) to see if you still can't access 192.168.0.1.

see these manuals to find location of reset switch:
*download.ztedevices.com/UploadFiles/product/554/740/manual/P020120620350315721609.pdf
*download.ztedevices.com/UploadFiles/product/512/897/manual/P020110831411852726910.pdf

funskar

Padawan
Just reset the wimax cpe ..
Modem is inside the cpe so u have to dismount the cpe n tap the button inside the space in the cpe where lan wire goes.
Just keep it pressed wid a screw driver for 10 seconds.. it will reset ..

Then u just need to tell me whether your wimax has dynamic ip or static ip..
I will tell you the procedure to configure router:mrgreen:

Last edited:
OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
Just reset the wimax cpe ..
Modem is inside the cpe so u have to dismount the cpe n tap the button inside the space in the cpe where lan wire goes.
Just keep it pressed wid a screw driver for 10 seconds.. it will reset ..

Then u just need to tell me whether your wimax has dynamic ip or static ip..
I will tell you the procedure to configure router:mrgreen:

Really ..
I will check the cpe today at eveing after dismounting it

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
btw from pics you posted 192.168.0.1 is cpe address but you mentioned 192.168.1.1 not opening after changing settings so check that again.

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
btw from pics you posted 192.168.0.1 is cpe address but you mentioned 192.168.1.1 not opening after changing settings so check that again.

Bro ..tell me how to assign static ip address ..

wimax device login details -
WAN Information:
IP Address:
IP Subnet Mask:
DHCP:
Client
LAN Information:
IP Address:
IP Subnet Mask:
DHCP:
Server

the wan ip keeps changing ..

how to setup router then ..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
wan ip(117.x.x.x) is assigned by bsnl & you can't do anything about it.router own address should be 192.168.0.1 & its dhcp range should be similar(192.168.0.x).your cpe will assign an ip address in the range(192.168.1.x) to router & router will assign its range of ip to connected devices.

Top Bottom