How to connect Tp link wifi router with Bsnl Wmax

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
why do you need to do anything with wan ip?assuming your cpe is currently working just connect it to router wan port using lan & try surfing net on pc.you don't even have to configure router,just connect it & see if it works.if it does then no problem but if it doesn't then post result of ipconfig /all.make sure that net is working from pc directly connected to cpe & only after that connect the router between between cpe & pc.

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
why do you need to do anything with wan ip?assuming your cpe is currently working just connect it to router wan port using lan & try surfing net on pc.you don't even have to configure router,just connect it & see if it works.if it does then no problem but if it doesn't then post result of ipconfig /all.make sure that net is working from pc directly connected to cpe & only after that connect the router between between cpe & pc.

it doesn't connect then ..

ipconfig image

*i.imgur.com/88wBwok.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
why is your ipconfig /all result showing ip address & gateway as 192.168.1.x?if your router is working correctly then it should display ip address as 192.168.0.x & default gateway as 192.168.0.1.if your cpe & router are connected correctly then you should be able to open cpe config page(192.168.1.1) & router config page(192.168.0.1) from same pc.if not then something is wrong with your network setup.

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
why is your ipconfig /all result showing ip address & gateway as 192.168.1.x?if your router is working correctly then it should display ip address as 192.168.0.x & default gateway as 192.168.0.1.if your cpe & router are connected correctly then you should be able to open cpe config page(192.168.1.1) & router config page(192.168.0.1) from same pc.if not then something is wrong with your network setup.

cpe is connect direct to adapter n lan to pc.. no router use..
if i attach router then net doesn't work bro

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
connect the router like mentioned earlier & then post result of ipconfig /all here.

now when i connect cpe lan port to router n pc to router s bcomes unidentified network..

bro tell me the full procedure how to configure it.. my ip is static when i clicked later auto detect in router setup it detect my ip as static n ip keeps changing in cpe admin page everytime i power on the cpe wimax..

isn't there any step to make it work with static ip..
and the router works flawlessy with my friend bsnl broadband re..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
first connect only router to pc.open its configuration page using 192.168.0.1.go to network--WAN & select connection type as "dynamic ip".don't use setup wizard or cd.after doing this connect cpe & router wan port & check you can open both 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.0.1 from pc & post result of ipconfig /all if net still doesn't work.

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
first connect only router to pc.open its configuration page using 192.168.0.1.go to network--WAN & select connection type as "dynamic ip".don't use setup wizard or cd.after doing this connect cpe & router wan port & check you can open both 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.0.1 from pc & post result of ipconfig /all if net still doesn't work.

connected router to pc without connecting it to cpe(only router) login to config pade n selected network wan type as dynamic ip n clicked save without any cd or wizard.. then connected cpe to router wan port n tried to open 192.168.0.1 it opened bt 192.168.1.1 cpe admin page didn't n net also didn't worked ..
here is the screenshot of ipconfig

*i.imgur.com/kEVrSgm.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
that means cpe is not communicating correctly with router.10 screenshots of cpe settings posted earlier are no longer working so post them again using imgur without connecting router.then post screenshots of router lan settings,dhcp settings & status page when connected to cpe.

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
cpe is perfect bro..

did't know why can't able to set up the router .... it would have been is if it was dynamic ip bt for my harass it's static ip which keeps changing..

*i.imgur.com/U5UoP01.jpg*i.imgur.com/W9xiWkG.jpg*i.imgur.com/SW4aYhK.jpg*i.imgur.com/khC6OID.jpg*i.imgur.com/KBMRN2v.jpg*i.imgur.com/YcXdgoS.jpg*i.imgur.com/vjtpuZV.jpg*i.imgur.com/rL16U2M.jpg*i.imgur.com/94FzEV5.jpg*i.imgur.com/vPZTQoh.jpg*i.imgur.com/8JvxOia.jpg*i.imgur.com/8lTU2XP.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
try this.disonnect cpe & connect wifi router to pc.go to router lan settings & disable dhcp server.then change lan ip of router from default 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.100.after that connect cpe to router using one of the router lan port & not wan port.now see if you can access net,192.168.1.1(cpe page) & 192.168.1.100(router new page).also check that after doing this by running ipconfig /all that your pc is getting ip like 192.168.1.x & if not then just set it to 192.168.1.200 manually.

OP
T

Tech_chaos

Broken In
try this.disonnect cpe & connect wifi router to pc.go to router lan settings & disable dhcp server.then change lan ip of router from default 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.100.after that connect cpe to router using one of the router lan port & not wan port.now see if you can access net,192.168.1.1(cpe page) & 192.168.1.100(router new page).also check that after doing this by running ipconfig /all that your pc is getting ip like 192.168.1.x & if not then just set it to 192.168.1.200 manually.

HURRAY .. THANX A TON ..

IT'S WORKING..
but how to make it work wid wan port
*i.imgur.com/L3IzDQS.jpg

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
why do you need wan port?i mean is there something not working with lan port method like no net access on wireless device etc.

chandrudigi

Right off the assembly line
I tried it and got the solution :)) (y)
Make sure that
your WIMAX ip address is 192.168.1.1 and
your tp link wifi router ip is 192.168.1.2

Don't change any value in wimax config.

Login to your wifi router and disable the following
1.NAT
2.Virtual Circuit
3.Firewall
4.Multicast
5.DHCP

Set your ISP as dynamic ip address

Then configure your wifi by
Interface setup-> Wireless

Thank you.
Chandru Mania Xploited

nizami29

New to this forum
Re: How to connect Netgear jnr 1010 wifi router with Bsnl Wmax

I tried it and got the solution :)) (y)
Make sure that
your WIMAX ip address is 192.168.1.1 and
your tp link wifi router ip is 192.168.1.2

Don't change any value in wimax config.

Login to your wifi router and disable the following
1.NAT
2.Virtual Circuit
3.Firewall
4.Multicast
5.DHCP

Set your ISP as dynamic ip address

Then configure your wifi by
Interface setup-> Wireless

Thank you.
Chandru Mania Xploited

when i am coonecting through my router it doesn't open https page bt allow http page... or can any one tell how to setup router step by step.. plzzzz

Top Bottom