How to connect Samsung LCD TV to my Personal computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
well, neither sony ht nor laptop giv audio o/p when connected to tv via hdmi. thats what made me think hdmi=video

will have to check tv/ht control panel wen i go to home

OP
P

prathamtawde

Broken In
OK let me rest all your souls to peace, starting with Pratham
@PrathamTawde
I got 2 DVI-to-VGA converter dongle with my GPU,7600GT. If you have already got 'em that's fine,otherwise in the market it'll cost around 50-100 bucks. For VGA cable I bought a standard VGA cord,2m in length for 150 bucks from Nehru Place(I do most of my PC shopping there). I've got a spare DVI-to-VGA dongle, if you want it just PM me. As far as Audio is concerned,don't you have speakers? If you do want Audio output too, to be delivered by your LCD's speakers use a 3.5mm male-to-male cable. Check the Owner's Instruction manual given with the TV or you can find your TV's manual here: *www.retrevo.com/samples/Samsung-TV-manuals.html
Also below are the links for:
Back Panel connection-
*i15.photobucket.com/albums/a359/zoossh/TV.jpg
3.5mm male-to-male Cable-
*www.daydeal.com/files/images5/3-5mm_mtomcable.jpg
I think this should solve all your troubles.:cool:
Now to you s18000rpm!
Tell me, do you get audio too when you connect the screen and your laptop using HDMI cable? In my Samsung LCD Tv's manual it is written that "Do not attempt to connect the HDMI/DVI connector to PC or Laptop Graphics card as this will result in a blank screen being displayed". ;-)
Finally the ace
In case of CRT's, the max res. one gets is 1024x768(I tried it too). If you are using the S-Video to RCA conveter pins and want to connect the TV to the laptop then first you'll need 3 individual RCA male-to-male pins as generally the S-Video to RCA conveter has S-Video male type and 3 RCA(Red,Green,Blue) female type.This is the case if you are talking about this type of conveter:*farm1.static.flickr.com/150/416413961_3592ddbc05.jpg?v=0
If your cable is of this type:*img.alibaba.com/photo/205216880/7_Pin_S_Video_to_RCA_AC_Cable_Adapter_Converter.jpg
then all you gotta do is get youself single RCA male-to-male pin and connect it in AV Input's Video In, Simple :)
As always I'm here to help and answer your queries.:cool:

Thanks!! Plasma Snake for your precious help!!
Small Query: You have provided the TV. jpg picture but in that picture can you tell me what is 1,2,3,4....
Thanks would be very help full

Sorry for the trouble!!

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Here goes-

1. Composite AV Port, 3 wires Red,White for Audio, Yellow for Video.
  2. RCA Stereo Audio Out, 2cables Red and White
  3. RCA Audio Input if using HDMI cable with a DVI source.
  4. Local Antenna input, Cable or Doordarshan
7. PC Input using VGA cable and Audio through 3.5mm Jack
8. LCD Service Port, 3.5mm Jack
9. Component AV Input, 5 Cables with RCA connectors, RGB connectors for Video and Red and White for Audio.
10. Kensington Lock slot
Although 5&6 are missing from the picture because they are side panel jack's number but if you want I can tell that too. 5 is S-Video and Composite Video slot number and 6 is Side Earphone jack number. BTW in actual LA26R7, the Component Input jacks are present above Composite input jack and the Composite input jack is accompanied with a S-Video jack. :)

OP
P

prathamtawde

Broken In
Friends!!

I have bought VGA to VGA Cable....
Then, I connected one end of VGA cable to Graphics card through DVI Convertor.
and the other end to LCD TV but my LCD is not detecting the Source.

Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom