How to connect 5.1 speakers in M5A78L-M LX?

bcdxer

Broken In
I have a intex 5.1 speakers system, so far used with philiphs dvd player.
i want to use it with my PC.The rear panel only have three ports ..light blue,lime ,pink
as per manual...
pink is for mic input
light blue is for line in
lime is for line out

How it can be used for 5.1 speakers system?

quicky008

Technomancer
Does this speaker consist of 6 separate audio jacks?If yes,you can use it with your pc only as a 2/2.1 channel speaker system,provided of course it has a dedicated jack for pc connectivity.

Last edited:
OP
B

bcdxer

Broken In
my 5.1 speakers consists of 3 audio jacks...........

thanks for tips...
with little google... i got this solution for my issue...
*blog.tabinda.net/linux/intel-realtek-hd-ac-97-multichannel-5-16-17-1-audio-and-front-panel-solutions/

quicky008

Technomancer
First you must configure your sound card to work in 5.1 surround mode.Then you should connect each of the audio jacks to their respective sockets at the rear of your computer-refer to the documentation that was included with your speaker system for instructions on setting it up properly.

reniarahim1

Youngling
your computer has 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP). Use a chassis with HD audio module in the front panel to support an 8-channel audio output. -> This is what the motherboard specification says. So it depends on your cabinet. Your motherboard is capable of creating 8 channel analog audio output.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
your computer has 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP). Use a chassis with HD audio module in the front panel to support an 8-channel audio output. -> This is what the motherboard specification says. So it depends on your cabinet. Your motherboard is capable of creating 8 channel analog audio output.

@OP: Do this. It is the only solution to your case.

TheLetterD

Will Power
Wouldnt getting an el-cheapo sound card solve his problem? I have the same problem too! I need to connect my ancient ASUS P5N MX to my 5.1 Speaker set-up :(
Please do let me know how should I do that.

Umm hello I just read *blog.tabinda.net/linux/intel-realtek-hd-ac-97-multichannel-5-16-17-1-audio-and-front-panel-solutions/ and I think this is a good solution.
OP, you should do this!
PS ,Id really appreciate it if some one could give me the link to Realtek ALC662 HD audio driver for windows 7 32 bit. I found one for Vista 32 bit on Filehippo. Would that work? :?
Thanks

Naxal

Little Kid
PS ,Id really appreciate it if some one could give me the link to Realtek ALC662 HD audio driver for windows 7 32 bit. I found one for Vista 32 bit on Filehippo. Would that work?

Not that I am expert of things, but, have you checked this ??

Realtek HD audio Download

TheLetterD

Will Power
Hahah I tried this but for some reason it was extremely slow! Tried it again right now, working fine! 50% done, so far so good! :)

Naxal

Little Kid
Hahah I tried this but for some reason it was extremely slow! Tried it again right now, working fine! 50% done, so far so good! :)

I guess multiple mirrors are there for this download !!

Keep trying with different mirrors if problems come

Top Bottom