How To Connect 2 PCs With Dial-Up...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7mm

Broken In
Hi there, I'd like to connect 2 PCs using ONLY Dial-Up connection. Please don't suggest Broadband / Any other Internet method, not avalable to everyone here. The only way my group can connect our PCs, is Dial-Up networking. I've done that using Windows 98 SE, some 6 years back. But now I don't remeber how I did that! Please anybody could help me here :confused:

acewin

Point Blanc
dude have some life, you are talking dial up connection.

What is dial up connection, its for internet or connecting 2 systems. I think you would have setup a LAN or something whenever you did 6 years back. Dail up means a telephone connection. Are you sure what are you talking about.

And if you really connected your systems through a dial-up can you imagine speed.
Do not miss guide people.

Get the clarification from the place you did the set up.
Lastly sorry for such words, but really your question is amazing. And if this really happens I would be waiting for the answer.

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
I assume that you are willing to connect for online gaming. Look for his IP address and use it. I m not sure its gonna work i m just guessing.

Last edited:
OP
7mm

7mm

Broken In
dude have some life, you are talking dial up connection.
What is dial up connection, its for internet or connecting 2 systems. I think you would have setup a LAN or something whenever you did 6 years back. Dail up means a telephone connection. Are you sure what are you talking about.
And if you really connected your systems through a dial-up can you imagine speed.
Do not miss guide people.
Get the clarification from the place you did the set up.
Lastly sorry for such words, but really your question is amazing. And if this really happens I would be waiting for the answer.

For your first question, I'd like to ONLY connect 2 PCs using Dial-Up connection & NOT for the internet. Infact, internet is NOT part of this. Also, I didn't work on LAN with my previous experience, its was completely based on Dial-Up where 1 of the machine has to be server & the other one dials to the server. We did that using Windows 98, & transfered some data as well. If I could remeber correctly, it was "Hyper Terminal" what we used for doing it, not sure on which one, Server OR client...OR on both, not sure.

I'm not trying to play games on such slow connection, all we need is good medium for small data transaction for every day.

Wonna know who inspired me, I got that from this Mag, yes it's DIGIT, where I got the idea then. It was a workshop something artical in it. Hope this time I'm posting better details members, please suggest some idea making this happening :!:

icebags

Technomancer
i readt abt it somewhere years ago .... its probably using hyperterminal or something . try to google / yahoo it..

i know i works u just gotta dial the friend's number with something. :S

OP
7mm

7mm

Broken In
i readt abt it somewhere years ago .... its probably using hyperterminal or something . try to google / yahoo it..
i know i works u just gotta dial the friend's number with something. :S

At least someone agree to the idea here, Yep it's an trick used with same thing you've mentioned here. I'll try to search again just I've done it several time before.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
heck yea... even I have read that. :D It uses hyper terminal but not sure about it in any new Windows OSes as using linux now...

imageek

Journeyman
try...this

*www.eltima.com/help/virtual-modem-pro/html/connecting_computers.html

or this

*www.ehow.com/how_7328_connect-remote-computer.html

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Dude get yourself a LAN connection, it's way cheaper and more hassle free as compared to Hyper-Terminal. Man get yourself Wi-Fi for that matter. Last I used HT was like 8 years ago and the experience isn't even worth mentioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom