How to conduct a LAN party?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuku_hbk

Broken In
I want to do a Lan party, what I want to know is how should I connect one computer to another? I want to connect 5 computers and make one of them the administrator. Please suggest some good games also except quake,counter strike and any other requiring a high system config. My configurations are, 256 MB Ram 40 GB HDD 10/100 ethernet port.

Thank you in advance for your advice

OP
K

kuku_hbk

Broken In
xbonez said:
to connect 5 computers u'll need a hub. u can get one for about rs300

Okay please answer elaborately, what to do with the hub? I know I sound like a n00b but please, I dont wanna take any chances

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
kuku_hbk said:
Okay please answer elaborately, what to do with the hub? I know I sound like a n00b but please, I dont wanna take any chances
Buy a hub or switch .Prefer HUB if U dont want to share internet...as it is cheaper.

Buy LAN wire and climp it in straight. Connect each computer to that HUB using these LAN wires.Remember U must sud have LAN card installed on each computer.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
ok here's the deal in detail:
1. make sure every computer has a lan card
2. get a lan hub
3. using seperate pieces of lan cable (duh!) connect each computer to the hub
4. go to control panel >> network connections right click on local area network and click on properties
5. in the scroll menu click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
6. click on properties
7. give all the computers successive IP addresses, such as 10.100.0.1, 10.100.0.2, 10.100.0.3 etc (make sure the first three sets of numbers match)
8. make sure the game in installed on every computer (i would suggest NFS. since most wanted might not work well on ur sys, try NFS Underground2. its quite interesting in multiplayer. also try some sports titles such as FIFA)
9. on any one computer, host the multiplayer game from the main menu of the game. give a sys name etc.
10. from other computers, join the game (from main-menu of the game) by selecting the host sys

thats it. enjoy yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom