How to Completely Brick the Android Tablet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
to all of you.
I have an Android tablet, I want to know, Is there some method(preferably software one) by which I can completely brick it? means no body can boot it in either way, it is urgent, actually I have some data stored on it that I can not delete it, and some one is taking my tablet away from me after some days, I want to completely brick it before that.Hope to see reply soon.
Thank You.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Im not asking to invade your privacy but is there not a better way to solve your problem than destroy a fully functional tablet ?
Where is this data stored ? In the system folder ? Give us more details, we may help you out

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You can hard brick it then you won't be able restore it, :p. Why do you want to brick it anyways? A better option would be to take a nandroid backup, do a full data wipe and flash a ROM. Then you can restore your nandroid backup without loosing your tablet.

Last edited:
OP
G

GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

In the zone
Hello,
to all of you,
Firstly, thank you very much for all the replies, actually, the tablet's motherboard is affected by a strange problem, in which particular folder that is called "data" in my case all the files that are stored in it wont be deleted in anyway, even If I do factory reset, then the process of reset is done but that folder exists and also its all the contents, I have taken this tablet to the Samsung Service center, they told me the only solution for this is to replace the pba of the tablet, and now my some relative is coming who wants my tablet, and I cannot deny him, and also cant physically damage the tablet, the only way left for me is to be make tablet unbootable, and the only way left for the tablet boot is to change the pba.That's why I am asking this? I hope you understand this.
Thank you.
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

- - - Updated - - -

Boot into CWM and wipe the entire system

Hello,
Is this the sure way to do this?
GEEKCOMPUTER_GEEK

Cwm should format the /data partition
Also if it doesnt then backup the system and format it

Also try and completely erase the phone(except bootloader) and it will be bricked (unlocked bootloader required)

Then flash a custom recovery and rom and it should do the work

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I hope the answer is given, so...

1. Why is someone taking away "your" tab?

2. Why you give him "your" tablet?

3. If it's his tab, then why you want to destroy it? Just so that he wont access "Your" data? That was stored in "his" tab?

Strange world!

Alright I may not have read the post 6 completely. So anyway.. why destroy a perfectly good tablet just to avoid it in wrong hands?
Just make it unbootable. He won't try to install a ROM by his own? Can he? :S

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Delete framework-res.apk from system/framework folder
it will give it a bootloop

Make sure you have CWM and backup the original one !

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes. Instead of bricking your tablet, make an excuse that a bird took the tab and flew away, while you accidentally left it by the window side, and gift the tab to the fellow chap (above me). Win win.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
What is the make and model of your tablet?

If I have to do this to my Defy+, I will boot in to TWRP and wipe data.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
No need to bump old thread. OP needed to brick the tab Long time ago.
Time to close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom