Neuron

Electronic.
My system spec goes like this.

Intel C2D E7500 @2.93GHz
4GB DDR2 RAM
Asus EN9800GT GPU
Seagate 250GB 5400 RPM HDD
Sony DVDRW Drive

Since i had no patience to wait to buy a better PSU from some remote PC harware store,I decided to buy a Coolermaster Elite 460W from a nearby shop and combine it with the PSU which came with the cabinet.The wattage distribution goes like this

CM Elite 460W
+5V +3.3V +12V1 +12V2 -12V +5Vsb
20A 20A 18A 18A .8A 2.5A
Combined wattage:
3.3V&5V:130W
12V:324W
Also it is written on the PSU that the 3.3V&5V&12V total output should not exceed 377.9W

iBall LPS223-400
+5V +3.3V +12V -12V +5Vsb
32A 25A 17A .8A 2A

Currently the CM Elite is connected to everything except the GPU's additional power slot.The iBall PSU powers this slot alone.Is this the best way to configure these PSU's so that the the load distribution will be balanced in accordance with their capabilities?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i think the CM PSU is capable of powering the entire rig. i won't trust iball. problem may start under load as iball psu may break down even if its powering just the gpu. if cm psu doesn't have any PEG power connectors or have a single one, try converter.

OP
Neuron

Neuron

Electronic.
I did this because i was experiencing TDR BSODs on older games(DX9 and older).So I thought it might be a power issue.But combining them this way haven't solved it.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
But combining them this way haven't solved it.
Oh so you did combine them together despite the advice above. What's the point in asking one if you're going to to do it anyways? And besides, if its happening only on older games how did you conclude its a power issue?

Always try to localise the issue by following troubleshoot flow before jumping on a horse to make things worse for yourself. Or else you'll end up swapping alternate parts till which part gave out for you when it would have been some software conflict.

Did you try to see what error code you are getting from the BSOD screen?

OP
Neuron

Neuron

Electronic.
Oh so you did combine them together despite the advice above. What's the point in asking one if you're going to to do it anyways? And besides, if its happening only on older games how did you conclude its a power issue?

Always try to localise the issue by following troubleshoot flow before jumping on a horse to make things worse for yourself. Or else you'll end up swapping alternate parts till which part gave out for you when it would have been some software conflict.

Did you try to see what error code you are getting from the BSOD screen?

Before combining them,I did enough research to make sure that i won't be burning out anything imminently.Like i said,its a TDR error.

OP
Neuron

Neuron

Electronic.
I already quit.Tried almost all the possible combinations.Doesn't seem to work.The actual problem is that i can't play Oblivion without encountering a BSOD sooner or later.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I already quit.Tried almost all the possible combinations.Doesn't seem to work.The actual problem is that i can't play Oblivion without encountering a BSOD sooner or later.

....and did you check this by any chance???
and
Did you try this???

Top Bottom