How to Check the Speed(bandwidth) of Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

satyamy

Alive Again...
I have 3 questions about Websites Bandwidth
1) I want to check that how much time will a website take in opening with 56K connection
Is their any software to measure opening speed of Website.........?

Also

2) If I have a Hosting with 1GB Bandwidth than after how many days or click will it finish...........?

3) & is 1GB Bandwidth is for a Year or for a Month.........?

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
1 st ques ans ( i dunno )
2nd ques ans ( it depends on the mebers whu come to your site if u get 300 hits per day then it is chance that your bandwidth will finish in a just 10 days )
3rd ques ans ( it is for a month )

thanks kushagra

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
kushagra_krates@yahoo.com said:
1 st ques ans ( i dunno )
2nd ques ans ( it depends on the mebers whu come to your site if u get 300 hits per day then it is chance that your bandwidth will finish in a just 10 days )
3rd ques ans ( it is for a month )

thanks kushagra
it means Approx 3000 clicks = 1GB
thanks

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
For the first query, use something like WebWait (*www.webwait.com)

For the second query, I use up about 10 GB a month with 2k-2.5k hits a day. It depends more on your per page load size instead.

For the third query, as the above poster mentioned - per month.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
2) If I have a Hosting with 1GB Bandwidth than after how many days or click will it finish...........?

Really Depends :lol: see even without serving a single click ur whole bandwidth can be eaten up..

see suppose u have one image of 150kb on a page of ur web site hosted in ur server...

some one hot links that image to any forum or UG or DB which serves insame amount of Visit each and every hours like TechNet of MSDN forums... :p in this same ur bandwidth can be up within hours without a single visitor to ur actual site :lol:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^

Nahi yaar, the main and the most important question is still on for u to answer :lol:

How to Check the Speed(bandwidth) of Site

So tell us all, how do u check what is the Speed or ur Web Site ??? the actual speed !! :p

OP
satyamy

satyamy

Alive Again...
Choto Cheeta said:
Really Depends :lol: see even without serving a single click ur whole bandwidth can be eaten up..

see suppose u have one image of 150kb on a page of ur web site hosted in ur server...

some one hot links that image to any forum or UG or DB which serves insame amount of Visit each and every hours like TechNet of MSDN forums... :p in this same ur bandwidth can be up within hours without a single visitor to ur actual site :lol:

thanks for the answer
but 1 more question
what is UG & DB.....?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
@sukhdeepsinghkohli

What I ment was, tell me, how to check, how Fast can host4cheap.org server go ??

means how do u check what is the highest uploading and Dowloading speed of ur server ??

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Choto Cheeta said:
@sukhdeepsinghkohli

What I ment was, tell me, how to check, how Fast can host4cheap.org server go ??

means how do u check what is the highest uploading and Dowloading speed of ur server ??
Well AFAIK you cant, since the location and providers make a differnce. Like Host4Cheap is powered at a DC with few GIGS backbone but shared...sometime it can be fast..sometime it can be slow. A person near the DC would get far greater speeds aswell

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
The speed of website depends on the speed of the server. It also depends on your bandwidth. If you have a BSNL dataone connection, you can check your download speed by visiting *speedtest.dataone.in:83/bandwidthmeter/initialmeter.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom