How To Change Color Of Taskbar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
how can i change the coour of my taskbar(blue part here)
*img70.imageshack.us/img70/1585/how1tk0.jpg

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Re: Question

Right click
properties
appearance
advance....adn now play with the colors u want and what u wanna change and how u want ;)......if that is what u wanted

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
No, @wizrulz, there is no option to change the taskbar color over there in xp pro

But at *groups.google.co.in/group/microsof...d6796a1e7e7/1dbc23f227f4d36a#1dbc23f227f4d36a
davey said:
Ok

For beginners you can change to either 3 colours.

Right click on desktop and select properties, then select
appearance tab, then select in the Colour Scheme filed,
either Luna blue, luna silver and luna green.

You can however change it to basically any colour using
Tgsoft Style XP, located from their website.
*www.tgtsoft.com/download.html and select Style
XP from there, its shareware which means you have to pay
for it eventually.

For advanced users, use the UXTheme patcher utility. This
requires changing around both the uxtheme.dll in both the
dll cache(hidden system folder) and in system32 folder.
Advance users only.

Then go to sites like *www.themexp.org/ and then
you can use any theme you want and have basically any
colour you want.

-Davey

A bit tough piece of software though.

Also can try *www2.freedownloadscenter.com/FDM/i...Theme_Manager_Download.html&tit=Theme Manager
*download.softpedia.com/software/os_enhance/uxtheme.zip

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
U can change it using Resource Hacker.

Just open the %windir%\Resources\Themes\Royale\Royale.msstyles. in Resource Hacker and change following 2 BITMAPs:

ROYALE_TASKBARBACKGROUNDVERTICAL_BMP
ROYALE_TASKBARBACKGROUND_BMP

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@ilugd
thnx buddy :)

@jz2linkinpark
Its Royale theme which comes with Windows MCE. But u can d/l it from here. It has come in DIGIT CD/DVD many times. :)

S

SE><IE

Thanks vishal, But I tried changing the hue of the above-mentioned bitmaps(after saving them, ofcourse) then I replaced the original royale.msstyles with the modified one. I changed the theme from desk.cpl to something else and back to "royale". The result-I got classic windows kinda style i.e. damn dull grey (98 style). Is there anything else (maybe WFPS) to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SE><IE

oops I forgot :D, will do it and try *www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/huepfen/jumping-smiley-011.gif

EDIT:
didn't work out *www.smileyarena.com/emoticons/Main/Techi/punchit.gif Can you give some detailed info?
I patched up the uxtheme.dll and then applied the modded royale theme, but the result was same :(
Edit2: Worked *www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/huepfen/jumping-smiley-011.gif*www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/huepfen/jumping-smiley-011.gif*www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/huepfen/jumping-smiley-011.gif

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Make sure that first u change the windows theme to something else, then edit the Royale msstyle!

2nd thing, Save the edited Royale msstyle somewhere else, and then run from there by double-clicking on it.

I'm not sure about this msstyle coz its from Microsoft, may be they put some checks for file changes? I hv changed many msstyles using the same method in past. :)

OP
Sparsh007

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
i installed the patch and this happened
*img216.imageshack.us/img216/1658/whataz1.jpg

now what to do??

Last edited:

Anand_RF

Journeyman
It's reverted to the windows classic theme. Goto desktop, right-click >> Properties. Appearance tab, and choose royale edited if its there. Otherwise goto where you edited and saved the royale-edited theme, double-click and choose apply.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
the file seems to have been corrupted, so xp is unable to load it.

vishal, will be back to the rescue, i guess. (After all, he broke it.. <grin>)

S

SE><IE

same thing happened to me >>
i_kill said:
I changed the theme from desk.cpl to something else and back to "royale". The result-I got classic windows kinda style i.e. damn dull grey (98 style).
You gotta patch up the uxtheme.dll file(i.e, replace the original with patched up version) and then modify the theme *www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/huepfen/jumping-smiley-011.gif

proof: *img221.imageshack.us/img221/3549/untitledff1.th.jpg

Edited on 10-09-06 at 11:11 pm
does anybody know how to bring up the transparencies ?

joedc

Right off the assembly line
Help me!!! I am not able to change the grey taskbar in XP SP3. I tried UXtheme patcher. It doesnt help. I tried Style Xp in vain. It changes style and other taskbar properties except the grey taskbar of start menu. Please help me....(blue part here)
*img70.imageshack.us/img70/1585/how1tk0.jpg
Help me!!! I am not able to change the grey taskbar in XP SP3. I tried UXtheme patcher. It doesnt help. I tried Style Xp in vain. It changes style and other taskbar properties except the grey taskbar of start menu. Please help me....

I made changes in Display properties>apprearance>silver etc. That too didnt work. What could be the reason, please advice me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom