How to change Boot screen in Win XP???

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello friends!

Can someone guide me as to how can I change the boot screen of Windows XP without using any third party tools like Style XP, Tume Up Utilities etc. Moreover, what is the size of a boot screen in Pixels and the file type of a boot screen. Is there any other things that I need to remember while designing a boot screen.

Can I also change the welcome screen, logon screen and the shutting down screen. If yes, please guide as to how can I achieve this.

Thank you.

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
why do u wanna do it manually..........

Anywaz.......u can try these methods.......

*www.overclockersclub.com/guides/hackxpbootscreen.php

*articles.networktechs.com/17-p1.php

Gunner

Broken In
Changing the welcome screen, logon screen and shutting down screen can all be done in one go. As far as I can see, you don't want to use any 3rd party software. If you want to be innovative, I suggest you use Logon Screen from Stardock which can be very easy and useful. As for the bootscreen, I do not know how to change it, but I know it is possible to give your own screen before the bootscreen, courtesy digit. If you still want to know how, anyone who has bought the March issue of Digit will be able to tell you.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hay Vishal have writen a good artical over this...

here u go...

TUTORIAL: How 2 change XP Boot Screen using Tuneup Utilities!

boy this vBulletine makes search so easy...

OP
go4saket

go4saket

@ Gunner : I already said I dont want to use any third party softwares, so using Stardock goes out of question. Still, thanks for you help.

@ saurav_cheeta: The tutorial you mentioned is again using a 3rd party software called Tuneup Utilities. My der friend, if these softwares can change the boot screen, there must be a direct way to do it manually. I am looking for that system.

As in Win 98, all we needed was to change the file called logo.sys and logow.sys to change the boot and shutdown screen. Is something like this possibl;e in Win XP also.

sknowonweb

Journeyman
For Windows 2000
root :/ winnt/winnt.bmp
and
/winnt/winnt256.bmp

As i use linux to access C drive , It exploits all its secrecy . I guess win XP has also got a similar file name hidden under some funky extension . I am now using 2000 so sorry i cant help u with XP .
But the LIVE CD guys having XP as an option will sure find that file .

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
@go4saket
Pls read my following post:
How to replace the boot screen in Windows XP

@maverickrohan
Pls edit ur signature as its messing up the forum structure unnecessarily :)

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
hey....my sig aint messing up the forum structure.........it was fine few days ago......the admins r goin on changing some settings........which is causing tags to work, not work.........BTW i never even used tags......they were autogenerated when i pasted the URL in my sig............

@go4saket
did u try the links i gave u.....they r manual.........no tools ysed.......BTW u still havnt told us why u wanna do it manually

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Vishal Gupta said:
@go4saket
Pls read my following post:
How to replace the boot screen in Windows XP

@maverickrohan
Pls edit ur signature as its messing up the forum structure unnecessarily :)
Hey Vishaal, the fourth trick in the link you mentioned is pretty simple and it also did work. But there is a small problem with it. The progress bar was missing. Is there a way to add a progress bar also with that particular trick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom