How to buy domain names ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohit

The Hardware Labs
hey guyz , i want complete help on buying domain names of .com or .in or .co.in extensions. can somebody tell me all that is required right frm the beginning and also where can i check the availability of unused domains. also are there any indian websites which can help me buy and what are the payment options i will get for paying them . in other words i need a complete step by step guide on domain names buying and registrations and hosting. suppose i want to buy www.mohit.com what shud i do ? guyz plz reply wid all details.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
*domains.yahoo.com the cheapest place to get .com, .org, .net, .biz and .us domains.... u get a domain for arnd 250 rupees...

tuXian

In the zone
Directi offers domain @ affordable prices plus give a feature called managed DNS that lets you have a control of your DNS resouce records like CNAME, SOA etc. apart from the regular.

Deep our mod has lotsa info about domains, hosting etc he will be able to guide you properly.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I can do it for you. If you want to do it on your own, go to *www.godaddy.com. Its pretty simple provided you have a credit card :)

Deep

Version 2.0
Hey,
To get domain name you shall take care of following things....

See whether the company is giving you full access to domain control panel or not.

Make sure the domain have all your contact details spl in admin contact details....and you have access to change the same

Make sure you have access to lock / unlock the domain name

Do not forget to get invoice for the same from the company you buy from...

You shall not fail to check above things, and should not buy the domain name if the company is not giving any of the above mentioned things...

Some companies might offer you domain name and the web space at low rates but in return they keep admin contacts as their and also control over domain control panel..

so at the time of dispute they just change the domain name details and kick the customer saying the domain was never his/her

these kind of things happen specially with indian company...i just managed to get my client's domain name after many tries...

if you want domain name or space then let me know ;)

I hope this info helps everyone..
Deep

A

anurag_online

Call me Mohit I can give you good deal which will be only in your favour ut sorry to say
mohit.info is not available
mohit.us is not available
mohit.net is not available
mohit.org is not available
mohit.com is not available

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
How much bandwidth you get how to know that before buying names
thanks
i want to advertise mine and my friends music album plus upload demo songs and video demo songs of it to download

Deep

Version 2.0
AMITAGARWAL02 said:
thanks
i want to advertise mine and my friends music album plus upload demo songs and video demo songs of it to download

Domain name and bandwidth both are not related.

Banwidth is related to web space.
If you have good traffic on the site then I would suggest getting going for account with bandwidth more than 10 GB...

Deep

A

anurag_online

Deep said:
AMITAGARWAL02 said:
thanks

Domain name and bandwidth both are not related.

Banwidth is related to web space.
If you have good traffic on the site then I would suggest getting going for account with bandwidth more than 10 GB...

Deep

I agree what deep said.... for that purpose 10 gb bandwidth is a must. but also you should check for uptime and capacity of the server in real as sometimes it goes down when more users come on ur way.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom