How to block a Website adress permanently?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I want to block one or more Website's for some security purpose. I will not be in home for some time, thus I won't allow anyone to open those sites. Now is there any software or else by which I can block the addresses of those websites? They shouldn't be opened from any browser, IE, Opera or FF..,Please help me, this is kinda urgent.
Thanks in advance.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yup..!! Block them from Firewall. That's all.

Also use wildcards, to block them if proceed by google search, or proving diff. type of redirection path along with original URL's.

mrintech

Technomancer
Blocking Website using Windows Hosts File is quite easy. Check this guide: How to: Use the HOSTS file to block websites in Windows? - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net :)

And if you are not comfortable with above, than you can block the Websites using your Firewall. Not sure, where's the option in NIS though?

:)

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Blocking Website using Windows Hosts File is quite easy. Check this guide: How to: Use the HOSTS file to block websites in Windows? - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net :)

And if you are not comfortable with above, than you can block the Websites using your Firewall. Not sure, where's the option in NIS though?

I already read it but still don't get it !!!

Rajesh345

Youngling
I already read it but still don't get it !!!

Step
1) got to %systemdrive%/windows/system32/drivers/etc

2) open file named hosts in notepad

type
127.0.0.1 Tab key(DOnt manuelly enter space ) Host address /IP

*img600.imageshack.us/img600/3568/hosts.jpg

(typo in pic , its IP address or host address
*img600.imageshack.us/img600/3568/hosts.th.jpg

Advanced user can always shutdown firewall /close blocking softwares via task manager and other ways

mrintech

Technomancer
^^^^

Great Explanation :)

@OP if you are using Windows 7, than you should check this out: How to Edit/Modify/Save Hosts File in Windows 7? :)

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Step
1) got to %systemdrive%/windows/system32/drivers/etc

2) open file named hosts in notepad

type
127.0.0.1 Tab key(DOnt manuelly enter space ) Host address /IP

*img600.imageshack.us/img600/3568/hosts.jpg

(typo in pic , its IP address or host address
*img600.imageshack.us/img600/3568/hosts.th.jpg

I can't say how much I wanna Thank You.

Ada

Right off the assembly line
Do I need to restart the computer if after editing the host file to block websites?

Top Bottom