How to Bank Wire money to USA?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hey guys have purchased a product in eBay, the seller is from Texas, US and I will wire him. I thought it was an easy process and I will be able to do that from my Axis Bank a/c easily via online but I can't.
Anyone knows how can I do that? I have two days left. The amount is within Rs.1 lac.

Thanks in advance.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmm afaik, it's not possible through Netbanking. You could have used a Credit Card for purchasing? But Credit Cards do have an upper limit.

Same for Debit Cards.

Try to find someone who has money in Paypal and willing to help. Paypal has their own charges. You can also create a paypal account and pay via your Credit Card. Or create a Paypal account and pay via your Debit Card IF you have supplied your PAN number and got your account verified.

If nothing works, you might want to sort this out manually with the seller via Western Union money transfer. But I don't know if this is a part of eBay's policy or not.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Well, please don't say me anything about PayPal. Those idiots are simply non tolerable. I've had my bank a/c, PAN, Debit card confirmed, yet they didn't allow me to pay. I've talked to a lady in their ISD CC helpline and she said it could be an internal security error, I just need to retry. I am doing my retries from then, 3 weeks or more. I've closed that damn account.
Now coming back on topic, can't I just go to my bank (Axis) and ask them to send a Wire to the required account? Why it has to be so complicated? Also I wonder how come these facilities are not provided under the net banking service?
And as per Ebay's rules, well, other than Paypal and Credit card nothing is official. So I take the Wire way or Western Union doesn't really matter...still as the seller prefers Wire transfer I'll try to make that first. If it fails, I'll try WUMT, if the seller agrees to that course.

Going to bank as soon as they open, let's see what they say.......

This is amusing that to pay a Top Rated seller, for a precise item and via proper process this much hurdle is involved. Is this 2012 or are we going backwards :confused:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now coming back on topic, can't I just go to my bank (Axis) and ask them to send a Wire to the required account? Why it has to be so complicated? Also I wonder how come these facilities are not provided under the net banking service?
Don't know. May be because every Ramu, Shamu and Tito will be able to transfer their "black" money outside India. Easy way to hide your money. Pump it outside India.

btw, contact Axis bank and inquire about Outward/Foreign Remittance. I tried to Google about this and the Google Search Result Links of Axis Bank's website are not working (404). Because they have changed their website. I also have an Axis Bank account btw.

Check this out - Comparison of Overseas Money Transfer from Banks in India

thatsashok

peace panda
If you wire transfer the money well you are not under ebay/paypal buyer protection anymore.

If seller cheats you, you are on your own

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
btw, you can give a shot to Virtual Credit Card thing in your Axis Bank Net Banking.

thatsashok

peace panda
btw, you can give a shot to Virtual Credit Card thing in your Axis Bank Net Banking.

yes create virtual CC and do a guest paypal checkout. Use different email address i.e any other email id other than the email using which you created paypal account that was blocked.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot

yes create virtual CC and do a guest paypal checkout. Use different email address i.e any other email id other than the email using which you created paypal account that was blocked.
Have heard about Virtual Credit Card but have no idea how to create or work that thing. Will check later for sure. Thanks guys.
SWIFT transfer should do the job.
What's that pal?

Anyway, a small update, I went to bank with the print outs of eBay purchased item and wrote an application to the branch manager and filled up two ANNEXURE forms (Form III and 7, if I remember correctly) and they said it will be done. Then after three hours they called me and said I need to fill up another form, which came from some FOREX, and that will be it. So I said I'll go tomorrow at first hours and do it. Let's see what happens, I am not taking anything positively until it's actually done.

If anything help you guys, I have purchased this particular item,
• *www.ebay.in/itm/130656469312?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_6226wt_905

PS: Google search for Virtual Credit Card shows this site,
*www.entropay.com/

And do I need an existing Credit card to use a Virtual Credit Card of Axis Bank? or am I wrong?

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
And do I need an existing Credit card to use a Virtual Credit Card of Axis Bank?
No you don't. Just log-in to your Axis Bank Net Banking and search for this option.

Log-in to Net Banking ---> Cards ---> e-Wallet Card.

Create one e-Wallet Card of more than the desired amount If you create of $1400 and buy stuff worth $1330, $70 will be debited back. This e-Wallet Card is one time use only and lasts 24 hours.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
If anything help you guys, I have purchased this particular item,
• *www.ebay.in/itm/130656469312?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_6226wt_905

Woooooooah..you getting a Seamaster. Damn...once you get it, please post nice images. I want to see the clasp lock and the back plate. Lovely. Just nice

:)

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
No you don't. Just log-in to your Axis Bank Net Banking and search for this option.

Log-in to Net Banking ---> Cards ---> e-Wallet Card.

Create one e-Wallet Card of more than the desired amount If you create of $1400 and buy stuff worth $1330, $70 will be debited back. This e-Wallet Card is one time use only and lasts 24 hours.
OK, checking it right away.
So this is what you are talking about right?
*i43.tinypic.com/20s6d11.jpg

What's the next step after creating the card?
Woooooooah..you getting a Seamaster. Damn...once you get it, please post nice images. I want to see the clasp lock and the back plate. Lovely. Just nice

:)
Thanks, my third actually. Just wanted a white one for so long. Definitely will post pics ;)

Anyway, as I expected, something had gone wrong, FOREX asked Axis Bank a Declaration from eBay Seller as the payment is pending/awaiting for that item and then they could go forward. Fantastic, I have subitted them all the possible print outs of transaction history, payment and order details, and now they *only* that document. Talked to some FOREX guy and told him if it's possible for him to ask for a receipt before buying something and he said, 'hm...well you submit the docs and sign some papers, lets see what we can do!'. Now as we all know that underlined part always ends up with negative response ultimately.

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, checking it right away.
So this is what you are talking about right?
*i43.tinypic.com/20s6d11.jpg

What's the next step after creating the card?
After you create the card, use it for payment.

It will have everything - number, expiry time, CVV code. (VBV code of your choice too for Desi merchant transactions)

You'll be asked for confirmation password which will get delivered on your phone btw - before the VCC gets created. If you have phone protection on.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
After you create the card, use it for payment.

It will have everything - number, expiry time, CVV code. (VBV code of your choice too for Desi merchant transactions)

You'll be asked for confirmation password which will get delivered on your phone btw - before the VCC gets created. If you have phone protection on.
OK, I will create the card as soon as I get the negative from the bank.
But I am still in doubt how to use it actually! (As I never done anything like it before). Anyway, will ask here when needed.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, I will create the card as soon as I get the negative from the bank.
But I am still in doubt how to use it actually! (As I never done anything like it before). Anyway, will ask here when needed.
Have you used a Credit Card/Debit Card before? Like on Android Market? Flipkart? :)

Just use it that way on the transaction page.

Enter name:
Card number of the Virtual CC:
Expiry Date:
CVC code:
Address:

and there you go. :)

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Have you used a Credit Card/Debit Card before? Like on Android Market? Flipkart? :)

Just use it that way on the transaction page.

Enter name:
Card number of the Virtual CC:
Expiry Date:
CVC code:
Address:

and there you go. :)
Ah, that simple, nice.

Nah, sorry I don't own a Credit card :oops: and don't know how to use it, but yea, I used my Debit card like hell :razz:

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Update:
Shame on FOREX.
This is the reply he wrote to that Axis Branch stuff who was assisting me so far. (Red underline)
*i40.tinypic.com/168ws9h.jpg

That guy must be living in some other plants thinking that for a already purchased item 'advanced payment' term can't be used.

Creating that VCC now.

Oops, tried to create the card and this error message is popping up...!
*i43.tinypic.com/14m58qd.jpg

Alright, been googling and I think max limit for e-Wallet card is Rs.50,000. Am I right?
The minimum limit for the card is Rs 10 and maximum is Rs. 50,000.

How will I pay amount more than Rs.50K then?

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
hmm limit is 50K. Just checked. :(
Hm!!
Lets see if the seller allows two transactions then...

A different question: I will open a new account, which bank should I chose, HDFC or ICICI?
PayPal has problem with Axis Bank Debit cards, Google said me that, but is HDFC and ICICI okay? :confused:

Top Bottom