How much speed do you get on your BSNL broadband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Well sometimes i get around 35~ while torrenting ..
else usual 26~30.

On google servers i sometimes reach 40~.

Charley

Just Do It
I get between 25-28 kpbs consistently. While d/l thru P2P's and torrents I get less than 26kpbs.

anubhav_har

In the zone
30-35 consistent through donwload managers... and 20-30kbps while normal firefox or ie downloading without managers...

Ringwraith

Journeyman
hmm decent speeds i would say for *broadband* in india..wat abt dld limits? wat packages do u have? can u tell me whr to find info abt bsnl broadband packages?

Ringwraith

Journeyman
hmm thanx a lot!
i m currently on a broadband connection by a local cable operator where i get arnd 20kBps/unlimited dlds for Rs. 1000/month! (speed gets around 35-40 KBps at nite) will switching to BSNL be good?
plus i went thru their tarrif plans...they mention night unlimited as 2 am to 8 am...thats an awfully short amount of time i think :( im basically gonna dld loads of stuff so opted for all time unlimited package :p )

godsownman

Padawan
I think they are all talking in terms of KB 's and not Kb's .

If BSNL was providing 25-35kb BSNL dataone would have been discontinued.

cyrux

In the zone
Even i get 25~30 kbps. Speed is consistent which is not a f prob. The real prob is the download c(r)aps

The Incredible

Ambassador of Buzz
godsownman said:
I think they are all talking in terms of KB 's and not Kb's .

If BSNL was providing 25-35kb BSNL dataone would have been discontinued.

Ya !

Now i think so as if they wrote in kbps, they wud hav been gettin da speed of dial-up.

Sorry to disturb.

Thanks

Anindya Srivastava

godsownman

Padawan
Ringwraith said:
hmm thanx a lot!
i m currently on a broadband connection by a local cable operator where i get arnd 20kBps/unlimited dlds for Rs. 1000/month! (speed gets around 35-40 KBps at nite) will switching to BSNL be good?
plus i went thru their tarrif plans...they mention night unlimited as 2 am to 8 am...thats an awfully short amount of time i think Sad im basically gonna dld loads of stuff so opted for all time unlimited package Razz )

Personally I feel that you are enjoying great speeds and enjoying that with unlimited D/L's is great.

You are also paying a fair price. I hope this is the final amount payable inclusive of tax etc.

I dont think switching to a Limited D/L plan will make u be better of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom