how much downloading speed should I get??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sagardani

Lost in LOST
I have newly bought VSNL (tata indicom) broadband connection of (upto) 2 mbps. How much download speed ideally should I get on torrents?? What settings should I keep at Bitlord to get the maximum possible speed? Right now I'm getting avg 60 kbps.. I think it should be more cos its 2 mbps.. what say? Help me to get the maximum possible speed... :)

yes 2Mbps means
2000 Kbps ie
2000/8 = 250 ur speed shd be between 200 to 250 KBps .u r getting 60 KBps
which is 1/4th of what u shd get
so call customer care. Indicom has good service

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
yes @Ihatemyself is right.But the downloading speed of plan 2MBPS vary between 256 kbps-2MBPS.

So,sometime you may get small downloading speed.And regarding torrent...the downloading speed also depend on peers,leechers,seedsers.

Oh yes i got thru ur post really fast last time sorry .. in torrent clients the speed of ur downloading depends on no. of seeders and uploading speed of seeders ie since u r downloading what they are uploading speed depends on their connection not urs.Sometimes u may even get downloads at 6 kbps so dont worry . if ur not sure put ur connection thru test here
*www.speedtest.net/
and post results here may be we can help u further
And Ravi are u sure speed varies from 256Kbps to 2MBps.....I think that is not possible buddy ..if i have a 256 kbps plan than i shd get around 30 Kbps not 30kbps to 256kbps

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Ihatemyself said:
And Ravi are u sure speed varies from 256Kbps to 2MBps.....I think that is not possible buddy ..if i have a 256 kbps plan than i shd get around 30 Kbps not 30kbps to 256kbps

yes..if you are on plan 2Mbps...ur downloading speed will vary between 256 kbps-2Mbps.
8 bits=1 byte

No i dont get u ... 2 MBps = 2048 Kbps = 256 KBps right so maximum download speed shd be 256 KBps...How can it be 2MBps

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
sagardani said:
Ok thanks for ur replies.... How shall I set Bitlord to get maximum possible speed?
There is no special setting to get maximum download speed.
However just set bandwidth allocation to high, as shown below:
*img111.imageshack.us/img111/8821/44764397kg9.jpg

and set download limit to unlimited.

*img299.imageshack.us/img299/3114/b1uv0.jpg

And if you are using windows XP sp2..than you can increase the download speed to some extent by following trick.
*www.techiehome.org/viewtopic.php?t=518

u torrent is surely the best .And remember the solution ravi gave applies to one download at a time. dont put all downloads on high priority . my frend did the same thing a month ago and was wondering what was wrong ......lol

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Even on BSNL 2mbps torrents give only 90Kb/s. Torrents which give 150+ KB/s are very rare. You need to download mutliple torrents simultaneously to fully use your bandwidth. Also check for closed ports or NAT problem if you are getting slow torrent speeds. Also find out your upload speed for your net connection and set the max global upload rate in your torrent program to 90% of your net's upload rate.

Best torrent program is µtorrent. Before it used to be Bitcomet but now its beaten.

monkey

Padawan
ravi_9793 said:
And if you are using windows XP sp2..than you can increase the download speed to some extent by following trick.
*www.techiehome.org/viewtopic.php?t=518

Thanx Ravi. The tool proved quite useful for me. My torrent's download speed has increased from 10 KB/s to 50 KB/s using this tool. I only hope there is no downside to using this tool as Windows threw few warning messages regarding system stability by changing the settings.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
monkey said:
Thanx Ravi. The tool proved quite useful for me. My torrent's download speed has increased from 10 KB/s to 50 KB/s using this tool. I only hope there is no downside to using this tool as Windows threw few warning messages regarding system stability by changing the settings.
There is nothing wrong in this trick.The warning mesaage you may be getting is because of use of more ports. Nothing to panic. Enjoy your increased download speed :)

floyd80

Broken In
I guess most of you are not into torrenting for long. A few tips from an experienced veteran
1. You can always max out your speeds on BT with just one torrent and even more on usenet. This primarily depends on whether you are a member of private/public site.
2. Private sites I do a 230-235KBps on my BSNL again on just one torrent and I get around 40-60mbps on my seedbox ( a dedicated server)
3. Public sites are always filled with leechers hence the low speeds whereas private sites have strict ratio policy (but there are ways to circumvent them :) )
4. I do 4.3 gigs a day on average on my BSNL and sometimes 4.7-4.8 on usenet.
5. Swedish sites are the best since they have the best internet connections. There are apartment complexes there which have 100mbps lines.

rocker

Broken In
try Azureus... its better than utorrent... i m sayin it out of my own experience... and i get upto 210 kBps if the seeds are nearly 400 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom