how much does these graphic cards cost?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
theraven said:
@raven: U mst b kidding right dude. The 5900/5950 is a price equivalent (even that doesnt stand true since it is priced obscenely @ 15k and 22k) not the performance equivalent. The Nvidia alt for the 9800pro is the 6600GT which scores ahead of it due to the higher clocks and a new architecture.

:SHOCK:
thats ti ... i aint participating in gpu threads no more :lol:
:D
my apologies !

LOL Raven buddy ! Dont take to too seriously ........... ;)

diab0lic666

Broken In
OH Gr8 i was thinking to start this thread...as i needed prices too..but u ppl saved me from that much work. :lol: thx ya all. especially raven :)

theraven

Technomancer
:oops:
just playing ard :lol: :D
@icecoolz i gave up posting those images :p
apparently its offending ( i knew that ... but more and more ppl are using it now :D ;) )
besides guys help the "THREAD STARTER" ... poor guy PM'd me !!

my advice : listen to these guys ... they know what they are talkin abt ( blade_runner and icecoolz ... seems he knows his stuff ... seen a couple of hist posts )

my 2 bits : 5700 le ?? :(
the 5 series from nvidea sux ....
9600 pro wouldve been a gr8 choice .. even the NP
yes there are differences between the different versions ( thats y we HAVE different versions )

u can overclock ur graphics card from ur graphics card properties ... from display properties
since u have an nvidia card ull need coolbits installed on ur system ... just a lil reg tweak required to install it

Code:
goto start => run => regedit.exe
navigate to HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Nvidia\Global\NVTweak
on the right side make a new DWORD value called 'Coolbits' and assign the value '3' to it
now in ur GPU properties they'll be a new tab called "clock frequencies"

overclocking .. is not advisable and is not for everyone
if u cant carry it and take care of it ... DONT OVERCLOCK it
always overclock in small increments ... maybe say ... 10mhz steps ?
run a game or a benchmarkin software like 3dmarks
if texture seems to be tearin .... ur gpu mem is clocked very high
if game hangs ... ur core mem is too high
reduce them !
DONT mess with the voltage settings as ur still a novice
ull get a fried card

last but not least go here for doom 3 level cheats
*www.gamepro.com/computer/pc/games/cheats/38511.shtml

cybershastri

Journeyman
I want to upgrade my graphics card. Presently i have GeForce 4 MX 440.
My budget is Rs. 6000. My motherboard is ASUS A7V8X-X which has 8X AGP slot. I have 512 MB DDR266 RAM, AMD Athlon XP 2400+. Which graphics card should i go for. Also which brand is better ATI or NVIDIA? From what i read in other forums i believe ATI is better. Please also quote the price of the graphics card.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
cybershastri said:
I want to upgrade my graphics card. Presently i have GeForce 4 MX 440.
My budget is Rs. 6000. My motherboard is ASUS A7V8X-X which has 8X AGP slot. I have 512 MB DDR266 RAM, AMD Athlon XP 2400+. Which graphics card should i go for. Also which brand is better ATI or NVIDIA? From what i read in other forums i believe ATI is better. Please also quote the price of the graphics card.

My dear what you are doing is defined as spamming, i have answered your query in the other thread.

Sourabh

Laptoping
hey blade c'mon u know how it feels before buying the gfx card

this dude is in serious confusion

he just cant decide wht to buy

mind says 6600, heart says 9800 pro and pocket says 9600 Non Pro

and how did he know u wod reply to his thread before

cybershastri

Journeyman
Thanks for the support Sourabh. Truly one wants to get a card which offers the maximum features for the money one pays. Hence i am posting where ever possible to maximize the inputs and thus make me able to come to some decision. I believe i would go for a Raedon 9600 non pro.
Is it much better that GeForce 4 MX 440 that i have. Can i play DOOM 3 and high settings using Raedon 9600 non pro? Also what is the price of the PRO and XT version?

Sourabh

Laptoping
u cant play on high settings in doom3 with 9600np

u wod have to satisfy urself in 800x600 mode in these games

gf4 mx440 -->9600 np aint much of a update

only thing ull achieve is dx9 compatibility

atleast withing ur budget consider a 9600 pro or 5700 ultra

cybershastri

Journeyman
Sourabh said:
gf4 mx440 -->9600 np aint much of a update

only thing ull achieve is dx9 compatibility

atleast withing ur budget consider a 9600 pro or 5700 ultra

So you are telling that it is not worth investin 6k for 9600np when i already have gf4 mx440. Why wouldnt it improve performance when gf4 mx440 has only 64 MB of RAM and 9600 np has 128 MB RAM?

Also you have suggested to go for 9600 pro or 5700 ultra. Will it come with in my budget. Now my budget is 7k (and it is streched to limits). Will it be worth it?

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
yeah buddy....sure u can go for 9600pro or 5700ultra....worth the amount u spend!!
just dont go for 5700LE,or just plain simple 5700....

nd most important...dont COMPARE ur gfx card with nyone else...!!!
otherwise u'll be dissapointed in ue purchase so sooooon,that u'll try upgrading once again!!!!!! :wink: :wink:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
cybershastri said:
Sourabh said:
Now my budget is 7k (and it is streched to limits). Will it be worth it?

Ok Now Since Its 7k Then The better option would be Radeon 9600Xt As its even better than the 9600pro...... :D

Btw Sourabh The Mx440 does Have 64MB But u'll Get More Than Just Dx9 Compatiblity after upgrading to 9600pro as The Frame Rates Do Tend To Incease A little Further Than Ya Think mate :wink: Dun Compare a Mx Series With The 9xxx Series of Ati :wink:

Also @cybershastri The Fx5700 Ultra Is a good Competitor But Not Neck-to-neck with Radeon 9600Pro.....So The 9600pro will definetly Be a good upgrade 8)

Sourabh

Laptoping
allwyndlima said:
Sourabh said:

Ok Now Since Its 7k Then The better option would be Radeon 9600Xt As its even better than the 9600pro...... :D

Btw Sourabh The Mx440 does Have 64MB But u'll Get More Than Just Dx9 Compatiblity after upgrading to 9600pro as The Frame Rates Do Tend To Incease A little Further Than Ya Think mate :wink: Dun Compare a Mx Series With The 9xxx Series of Ati :wink:

Also @cybershastri The Fx5700 Ultra Is a good Competitor But Not Neck-to-neck with Radeon 9600Pro.....So The 9600pro will definetly Be a good upgrade 8)

wtf @ allwyndlima

man u are all confused between me and cyber shastri

relax dude and spend a sec before posting anything

i never have said anything like this "Now my budget is 7k (and it is streched to limits). Will it be worth it?"

i want an explanation :roll:

cybershastri

Journeyman
allwyndlima said:
cybershastri said:
Sourabh said:

Man its me who is spending the money and not Sourabh. :evil:.
How can anybody get so much confused? :? .
For the suggetions you have given, you are excused. But i dont think ATI 9600XT will come for 7k.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
allwyn dude u dont get a 9600XT for 7k or else most of the guys wud b clamouring to get one :twisted: .

@cyber: Dude even 7k wont help much cuz afaik the 9600pro costs 8k. I'd suggest that u wait for sometime ( but this cud be like months even) and wait for the debut of the 6600 in AGP flavour.

Sourabh

Laptoping
man y are users in here quoting wrong prices

i guess many take it for granted and assume the prices after some months

if u dun knw it plz dun post it

this is very misleading for those who stay away from cities and dun have much access to hardware markets

@ allwyn

i m still waiting :x

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
ok hmmm Lets See here i Quoted His(Cybershastri's Budget) 7k Budget and Was advising him for a 9600Xt and not u :lol: U misunderstood my Quotes I suppose.....was in a hurry so Got ur Name Quoted wrongly.....now u Relax Man :lol:

Plus Whereas The When ya Said That The Mx440 and The 9600pro aint that much of an upgrade Thats what Triggered me Into Telling That it does make a diff man (check my second para which is where i reflected ur Postin)...........Sheeeezzzz :twisted:

Btw The 9600Xt i suppose was Just slightly Above The Pro version i suppose So i suppose it retailed somewhere arnd 7k......Hmmm now if Its not 7k Then whats The price thats the question(Man how can that be i'm sure it was 7k at the max 8k when a friend last informed me :x) as the Xt sure beats the pro :wink:

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Sourabh said:
man y are users in here quoting wrong prices

i guess many take it for granted and assume the prices after some months

if u dun knw it plz dun post it

this is very misleading for those who stay away from cities and dun have much access to hardware markets

@ allwyn

i m still waiting :x

Yeah ! Plz guys dont quote if u have no idea about the prices ! This causes a lot of confusion to ppl ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom