How many physics geeks here ?

Sarath

iDota
I loved Physics, Only subject I scored in and dreamt of becoming a Physicist too. I was one of the only 3 in the class who could solve those crazy physics problems ;)

That's the end of it.

Graduation is in Sciences of a different kind and I left it there.

I still try to calculate the G-force I experience while driving the car and try to calculate in my mind the tractional centrifugal force that would take to throw my car off the road on a speeding curve on the road :p thats about the level of Physics I am on now.

BTW do we have anyone into pure sciences in graduation? Physics specifically. I do not even know if any courses exist in such field.

ajai5777

Youngling
BTW do we have anyone into pure sciences in graduation? Physics specifically. I do not even know if any courses exist in such field.

I didnt get you.What about Bsc Physics, Msc Physics and PHDs etc..?
I loved science but I couldnt study pure science as I had to go for b.tech but still I think have studied many things in science, physics especially as I was mechanical.

Ironically, one of my friends did Bsc in Physics, then he went to study travel and tourism and worked an year in airport and now doing MBA in Travel and Tourism.I dont get why he did physics in graduation.

My cousin did Bsc.chemistry, after completing that, he spent one year to prepare for medical entrance.But he didnt get MBBS or BDS he got only BHMS and now he's a homeo doctor.Thats the effect of professional courses on pure sciences.

Lets take engineering, many people work in IT companies after studying engineering courses like electrical,mechanical,civil etc.What are they doing there? Why did they study their core branch if they wanted to work in an IT company? I'm a mech and I had exactly only 1 paper in anyway related to IT. It was C programming studied in 5th semester.Civil is also like that.But most guys went to IT field after doing these courses.The resources took to teach them engineering were wasted.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
nims11 said:
physics gets real in XI-XII and more interesting in college.

11th and 12th science is just about getting you enough basics for engineering. It does not provide a proper base for scientific reasoning.

I know quite a lot of people who did M.Sc in physics or chemistry and are doing engineering related work. :)

Top Bottom