Do u use pirated software?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

svk

Journeyman
Dipen01 said:
hey buddy

thats nice wallpaper.. can u mail me that pic of a kid without the text to dipen01@gmail.com... ill be really greatful to you...

anyways... cheers... Dipen
sorry pal, i got the pic with text.
anyway u can use a little photoshop work and try 2 eliminate the text.
:D

Ashootosh

Broken In
--lolz..........even my OS is pirated

--but most of other things r freeware
also second OS is freeware(no need to tell that it is Linux)

--but .................... yes i m using pirated ones......
but i cant afford non-pirated s/ws.......... specially like Oracle,.net

--i dont think so digit geeks will use this information against me........(hope i m right)

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
Kurious : does anyone plan on switching over to linux completely or making it their primary os . same thing for copied s/w apps like photoshop and stuff . u might be using them as "free" now , but it would be a good idea if u tried freeware versions of it too . it might seem along shot learning both , but hey , isnt that why we in india are good at grasping IT stuff , everyone loves to learn .

KHUBBU

Journeyman
I'm using openoffice word processor.
I'm using firefox.
I'm using SPybot.
I'm using cablenut.
I'm CA EZ antivirus.

Switching over to linux is only possible if games can be palyed as easily as in windows.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
"Yup, I use pirated software, coz I ain't got th dough for buying even th basic necessary softwares, like an OS (read Windows), an Office suite (read MS Office) or even an antivirus (read Norton AV). ;) "

This is what everyone has to say, I believe. ;)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
HELLO BACCHA LOG!!

well i am myself a baccha here !!

WEll main GITA PE HAATH RAKH KAR KEHETA HOON KI MAIN SIRF AUR SIRF AUR SIRF PIRATED SOFTWARE HEE USE KARTA AA RAHA HOON AUR KARTA RAHOONGA I promise. "lol"

Well yes come on guys lets admit we all use PIRATED(CHALOO) software in our PCs........

see i am always speaking the TRUTH :wink: :twisted: :evil: :lol:

borg

In the zone
I writing this on a genuine copy of XP home edition. Got it with my Sony Vaio . I guess claiming that u don't use pirated software at all is a lie. Everyone has some or the other pirated software on their comps. This is not just here in India but everywhere as enoonmai has pointed out.

DKant

In the zone
I'm using openoffice word processor.
I'm using firefox.

..and GIMP, and Winamp, and WMP Classic with the K-Lite Codec Pack. What else do u need?

Switching over to linux is only possible if games can be palyed as easily as in windows.

Right. :( Till then, or till I earn enuf money, the OS remains the red-herring on my sys.

mamba

In the zone
cut the crap
if i had the money 2 buy ' original ' s/w after my fetish 4 new hardware is satisfied , i would .
par yeh ho na saka , aur ab yeh alam hai ....... :lol: :lol: :lol:
but coz this is a never ending process , ethical or unethical m not spending more than Rs 50 on ne software :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

DKant

In the zone
Well atleast u consider Rs.50 to be reasonable enuf. There r a good number of ppl who think that's an exorbitant amount to charge! :D Newayz, it's not a question of ethics, but of the fact that u have a choice. That's all. :)

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
if it is piracy, then i certainly am a pirate.

If the software company is ready to buy back my licence if i am not satisfied, i would definitely buy, given the s/w is affordable.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
@lywyre : i think sun micro had a scheme wherein u could pay license fee on a yearly basis . its lesser than the whole os pack and u could stop subsciption if u wanted too . Ur idea is gr8 , renting out OS for particular periods , by the company or even cash back guarantee is good . as many like to compare the pc industry to car industry , would be nice if we could have a rent-an-os

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Pity that most people still think an OS is a separate piece of "optional" software for a PC that can be bought legally or otherwise instead of looking at it as part of the computer itself and necessary for proper working of everything associated with the computer. A lot of high-end programs I can understand, but the OS? :(
You want all the features of the OS, a secure environment, ease of use, cool looks, customizability, network support, and all the other stuff, and yet you dont want to pay more than 50 bucks. Crying shame! :(

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
u know whats sad ? these CORPS , in our country , use the man power we have well and extract skills and talents that might rival their counterparts abroad , but yet they are paid only a fraction of what the people abroad are paid . Maybe if corps paid their employees here in par with those elsewhere , more would be able to afford the original s/w . They pay less here , but expect people to pay same if not more for their s/w

mamba

In the zone
DKant said:
Well atleast u consider Rs.50 to be reasonable enuf. There r a good number of ppl who think that's an exorbitant amount to charge! :D Newayz, it's not a question of ethics, but of the fact that u have a choice. That's all. :)
u say choice :shock: :shock:
thats a hell lot of money u r paying for the ' choice ' :lol: :lol: :lol:

n the companies no the general janta cant buy the ' legal ' stuff . so people r literally forced 2 buy the copied versions , or as topic goes , ' pirated ' versions

like the saying goes
marta kya na karta .......

should go by the economies of scale :wink: :wink: :wink:

DKant

In the zone
Oye baba I didn't mean the choice between pirated and non-pirated software, but ultra-priced bloatware and good 'n' lite (mostly) freeware! Guess I should have said "alternatives" instead of "choice."

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Lets look at some hard facts.

1) The most expensive pieces of software are either as expensive or more than a comparable software component. ie: Oracle database costs upto 10000 dollars.

2) The hardware that I buy I can usually get it replaced/exchanged for a competitor. There is no such guarantee.

3) My hardware is faulty I get a replacement within a short period of time. And many of them come with huge warranties such as 3-5 years. During which I will get my H/W replaced. Software issues are bugs and they will get replaced or resolved with further releases. Furthermore these are only available to you if I subscribe to the support mechanism.

4) There is no restriction on how many places I can use the hardware in. I can use in how many machines I want at any point of time. With S/W this is never the case.

5) If I buy a game for 1500 Rs and after a month the CD's dont work will I get a replacement ? Where in if I buy RAM and it doesnt work after a year also I will get replacements. No matter even if it is a 128 MB stick.

I think the above clearly highlights some of the issues with the software industry and why piracy is so prevailant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom