how many fans do you recommend?

Jaskaran

Broken In
Hello
My pc specs-
Core i7 3770k processor
Asrock z77 extreme4 motherboard.
Zotac nvidia syenergy gddr3 2gb graphics card (I know it's loss end so please don't mention to change it, I will change in in future)
Corsair vengeance 4x1 gb ram
Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat Mid Tower Cabinet
Extra fan that I want to purchase-Cooler Master 90 CFM Blue LED Cooler ( www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-90-cfm-blue-led/p/itmd7q4fcdvw3ujg?pid=COLD7Q4DF73WMYF4&ref=3589b7ce-32a8-4cf6-a724-2b7fd0ceecf5 )
I want to overclock my processor to maximum (4.5Ghz).
My country is very hot (India) and temperature in my area sometimes reaches upto 50 degree Celsius. I am a gaming geek and like playing high end games like I will also be playing crisis3. My cabinet comes with 2 inbuilt fans. I keep my pc on for almost full day (downloading etc.).
So please tell me how many fans (that I mentioned above) do I need for good cooling?
Will my fan for properly? Because I heard that its size is too big.

Last edited:

Naxal

Little Kid
*www.coolermaster.com/upload/product_feature/HAF_912_Combat_wo_sidepanel_ph-2.jpg

Cooler Master website gives an idea with this image as how to fit and where to fit fans.

Ambient temps heating 50c, i think wont be a good idea to going to OC, rather concentrate heavily on keeping the temps at check even in stock settings :p :p

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
Well...
Thanks for reply.
Is there anyway to keep it cooler with a fan that has better cooling at 4.5ghz? Can you please advise me such fan?

EDIT: Should I go for liquid cooling system fans?

Last edited:

Naxal

Little Kid
Ok thanks.
Should I go for great sink+radiation or liquid cooling system?

If ambient temps are at 50c, then for Over Clocking needs, I guess you would been such cooling. But for regular long hours in load for stock settings, I guess air cooling would be enough :)

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
Ok buddy.
So I decided to buy air cooling since liquid cooling has danger to leak (and it will troll my components which I won't really like).
But I am confused between deepcool assassin and Noctua NH-D14' The price difference is negligible for me.
Which one would be better to keep my processor cool at oc state at 4.5GHz?
Please tell. Thanks.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Noctua NH-D14 if your mobo and cabinet can accommodate it.
Deepcool doesnt come in the same league as Noctua.

Where are you getting the noctua from ? Cost ?

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
I am getting/have gotten all my components from flipkart. The cost of noctua is approx. 5600 and deepcool is 5900 in rupees.

Naxal

Little Kid
Adding upto the comfusion :p, wont you OC ?? If you wont then why buying expensive K series processor and asrock z77 board :wink:

If you can afford, buy Liquid cooling :D :D

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
But I am confused between deepcool assassin and Noctua NH-D14' The price difference is negligible for me.
Which one would be better to keep my processor cool at oc state at 4.5GHz?
Please tell. Thanks.

From where are you getting Noctua D14 at the first place? :p
If the choice is between D14 and deepcool assassin, then D14 is way better than that deepcool cooler.

P.S. please post the link from where you are purchasing D14. :)

Myth

Cyborg Agent
^^ Thats what I dont understand.
The best noctua stuff are out of stock everywhere. Even FK doesnt have those in stock.
Where are people getting it from then ?

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
Bad luck guys :(
I just noticed that d-14 is permanently discontinued.
So we can't get it from anywhere.
Are there any other good options in similar.price range?
Should I go for deepcool assassin now?

OP
J

Jaskaran

Broken In
I have seen many people complaining...
Anyways...
Are you sure that it will work fine?
Any other limitations/disadvantages of these liquid coolers?

SunE

Professional Newbie
Corsair liquid coolers provide a warranty in which if the cooler leaks then they'll replace your computer for free.

Top Bottom