How is the scope of PHP with MySQL!

buddyram

New Voyage
hi friends,

I am planning to take up the above said course (PHP MySQL) upon my friend's advise. Please do affirm me, can i foresee any strong future/career in this field. I don't know anything more about it.

Tips, Advise, Feedback & suggestions, all are welcome!

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Don't worry. Internet is now filled with PHP+MySQL sites and till someone scraps them all, you have a job in this field.

BTW What is your qualification? If you want to get into full time job in Web Development, choose J2EE or similar. Will help you more.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ya man, go for it..!! :D

I get 4-5 calls per week from monster, naukri etc. for PHP + MySQL.

BTW, they also look for comfortability in CMS like Joomla, Drupal etc. along with Framework like CakePHP. So after you learn PHP + MySQL spend some time on them.

OP
buddyram

buddyram

New Voyage
Don't worry. Internet is now filled with PHP+MySQL sites and till someone scraps them all, you have a job in this field.

BTW What is your qualification? If you want to get into full time job in Web Development, choose J2EE or similar. Will help you more.

First of all thanks for your suggestion!

Actually, first i inquired about J2EE, but i couldn't afford that much of fee, so i changed my plan.

I have done Diploma in Computer science(6 years back), and now am pursuing Bsc. in Information Technology in the 5 semester.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Oh. k. PHP+MySQL is great one and yes, even i used to get calls/mails daily a few years back. Do it and do it wisely.

OP
buddyram

buddyram

New Voyage
Hi guys, They are asking the fee of 11,000/- bucks. Is it worth paying so much for PHP. Please confirm me. I checked in Cegonsoft, Malleswaram.

Course is of one month duration itseems.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, depends on you. Many peoples learn it themselves by getting books. I learned the basic from CMC, it took 3500/- and after that various books and online resources.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well, simpleness depends on you.

If you want to try it take a look at W3Schools Online Web Tutorials

If you can get it, get PHP + MySQL books.

OP
buddyram

buddyram

New Voyage
Ok dude. I will try it.

Please would you help me one more thing.

What all the elements comprises in PHP?

Because i will check with the institute tomorrow regarding their offered topics in the brochure, then i will give a toss whether it is worth going their or not.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
generally talking, not this case..!!!
To get good php job,
that is php mysql dev in facebook, zynga, google, apple etc you have to first get into IITs or NITs, then try, if not lucky, get masters, then try.
Also while at college, work on kickass projects, do cool stuff.. while scoring high marks also. consistency..!
All the best!

devgujar

Broken In
I also learn it from "W3Schools Online Web Tutorials" the same link shared by krishnandu.sarkar.

You run your code at online editor CodeRun - Online IDE

You can get the source code of my PHP project that I built in C-DAC Academics, you can find demo & the download link for project @ *devgujar.site90.com/dacproject
/general/

OP
buddyram

buddyram

New Voyage
@devgujar & @krishnandu.sarkar

Yes W3schools website is wonderful!

I am practicing thru that website now. Can you help me out with similar websites which offer info on CMS(drupal) and frameworks(CakePHP).

OP
buddyram

buddyram

New Voyage
Already i have joined the course for PHP this week, at the same time i am learning through W3 website.

ok i will see how it goes!

Top Bottom