How is puppy Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Name

In the zone
anyone here tried puppy linux?
is it portable? can i install it on pen drive/ external hard disk and then run it on any pc?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yes.. I have tried Puppy and its preety good in doing what it does. It can be burnt in a CD/DVD and the session can be saved.. as well as you can install it in a pen drive. its good enough and fast and gives almost all basic features. I only had one problems with Puppy when I tried it, my wifi card was not detected properly.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Tiny, but not sure what you can use it for. Simple things like playing mp3's is a pain. Useful for removing stubborn viruses from USB drives - and is the best looking mini distros I have seen.

Puppy Linux would be a great Back-Up OS, useful for removing viruses and fixing system files and still access your data (in case Windows isnt booting)

OP
User Name

User Name

In the zone
i want to try it becoz virus in windows.
in my college almost all pcs are infected with viruses so whenever i plug in pen drive into pc viruses make a copy in it.also some of my friends pcs are infectioned with viruses.
can i use puppy linux for viewing and copying files into my pen drive/ external hard disk without affected by viruses?
will puppy linux boot from any pc once installed to pen drive / hard disk?

volmetius

Broken In
puppy linux seems to be lil more easier & cool than DSL linux!! It can b easily installed in any media because of its universal installer.. intalling other distros in usb is lil but painful at times!!

for size, slitaz is the best. 25mb iso can be used on usb with unetbootin.
but yeah, pupy rox and is the best mini distro.

but to remove virus, any live CD would do. I used ubuntu for that once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom