How I format Hard Disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clerkman1612

Journeyman
Should I format Hard Disk with NTFS System?:unsure: I have Genuine Windows 7 64-Bit installed in my PC. But my Computer guy says it has virus so it is needed to be formatted.:banghead: So if I format Hard Disk and again install same windows (same product key) will it work?
And Will Genuine Windows 7 64 -Bit Dvd will work for formatting the hard Disk?
Plz reply it quickly. I m waiting for ur advice. Thanks in Advance:blush:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Don't believe in what your computer guy says to you. Run a full scan from your anti-virus. If it is only virus, then you don't have any need to format your HDD only because of that. Any good anti-virus can remove that.

OP
clerkman1612

clerkman1612

Journeyman
d6 Bhai!

But he showed me packets of data sent n recieved were alarming without browsing IE or Yahoo Messenger.
I have Airtel Paid Antivirus.

Rajesh345

Youngling
Should I format Hard Disk with NTFS System?:unsure: I have Genuine Windows 7 64-Bit installed in my PC. But my Computer guy says it has virus so it is needed to be formatted.:banghead: So if I format Hard Disk and again install same windows (same product key) will it work?
But he showed me packets of data sent n recieved were alarming without browsing IE or Yahoo Messenger.
I have Airtel Paid Antivirus.
1) Dont format hard disk just cause he said so , do format only as last option

What is the exact name of the anti virus u got with airtel ? , U can try Bootable scan disk like

Avira Rescue CD and similar
Avira AntiVir Rescue System - Download

Also dont forget to use good Firewal like Commodo Firewall (Free)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
F-Secure AV that also from Airtel? Who gave you that package? disable it(not uninstall) & install Avira AV without protection. and scan your system.

install Net Balancer & check which app is eating those data.

BTW, this is not a hardware problem. moving to software thread.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Paid is not always good. Use Avast or Avira Free (I use Avast). Use a good firewall (there are many which are free), it will allow you to control what connects to net and what not.

Reactions: ico

Yes it would work fine since it reconize your mac and ip address so dont worry you can reuse the key

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

if u have the Genuine Key u can use it on your machine N number of times even after formating :wink:

Don't format for removing virus...Install good antivirus (Avira/Avast) & do full system scan.

F-Secure is also a good antivirus but u need to update its database to remove viruses..:|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom