How do I Record/ Download a Live Youtube Event?

Techguy

In the zone
What is the best way to record a live Youtube event, because I'm pretty sure it will not be uploaded again once it has been broadcast.

1) Any software to capture the live stream?
2) Not so good alternative: Sit with the stream open adn record a portion of my browser window.

If there is a software than can capture the link and record, it will have to be able to do so at 240p, as I won't have access to fast internet at the time.

Please help me out.

rohitshakti2

In the zone
Use camstudio software to record all the activities going on the screen from here:

CamStudio - Free Screen Recording Software

Nerevarine

Incarnate
OBS is the holy grail of livestream, not sure if it supports youtube but OBS + Intel Quicksync plugin = NO performance loss

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Don't know about which livestream you are talking about OP, but usually once the live stream ends, you can watch the complete video at the same YT URL.
And after livestream gets over it can be easily downloaded at required quality using IDM.

$hadow

Geek in making
I would say it is better to wait for the time being and once the steam is over you can easily download it at a later stage.

OP
T

Techguy

In the zone
Yeah, but sometimes you get the message "the live event is over", and it is soon converted into a private video, which I cannot access.

Top Bottom