How do I pay my domain bill? Seller company shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

chinmay

Journeyman
Hi,

I own a domain *www.chinmayd.com which I bought from Shyper Communications Inc ( www.shyper.com ) on 14th November 2005. I've been paying my domain bills each year through paypal without any hassles.

This year though when I tried paying my bill I found out that shyper has dicontinued its hosting services. The due date of my payment was 14th Nov 2008, but the bill hasn't been paid as yet and the domain is parked. Just to let you know I always pay my domain bills very late and the domain remains parked from 14th Nov till the bill payment date every year, so I don't think thats a problem.

This is the message displayed on its website for existing Shyper customers :-

IMPORTANT NOTICE OF CHANGES TO SHYPER.COM

Shyper discontinued hosting services effective July 2008.

The domain was sold and new ownership will be re-developing the shyper brand.

If you are a shyper client and were not notified of these changes and have questions, please send your inquiries to:

new.support@shyper.com

I tracked back all the emails from Shyper and it had never informed me about this. When I emailed shyper on the above mentioned address I got an automated email reply. This is what I got :-

Shyper discontinued hosting services effective July 2008. Email
notifications were sent to inform you of these changes.

How Does This Affect Customers Whom Did Not Receive Notification Of
These Changes?

Unfortunately support is no longer available. The majority of shyper
clients have moved on to new hosting and website files on Shyper
services are no longer accessible.

If you are a customer who did not have current or correct email
contact information then we apologize for any inconvenience and you
will need to secure new web hosting at this time.

If you purchased a domain through Shyper's Enom reseller account we
can push your domain to another Enom accredited registrar when
requested to do so. Domains are unlocked at this time so you can also
request a transfer from the domain registrar of your choice.

Can I Contact Former Shyper Staff?

Some Shyper customers may have personal contact information for former
shyper support staff, we ask that you please respect their privacy and
not contact them.

Why Did Shyper Discontinue Hosting Services?

Shyper changed ownership twice during the last three years and
migrated customer data via 3rd party billing management software which
produced many bugs in the system. In addition, Shyper servers were the
victim of hacking attacks recently that created server data
difficulties. Shyper ownership decided at that time that the business
was no longer viable given the past and present problems.

For Customers Who Paid For 6 months - 1 Year Hosting

Paypal allows us to refund transactions up to 2 months from the time
the payment was made. We will be refunding all customers where
appropriate to do so.

The Shyper Domain Still Appears To Be Active?

The domain was sold and the new owners will be re-developing the shyper brand.

If You Additional Questions Not Related To Recovering Website Files

Send an email with specific details and we will try accomodate your
request as much as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Shyper Support

As you can see that the domains owned by Shyper are unlocked at the time and can be transferred to any other domain reistrar. How should I go about this process and what will be the charges for the same? Will I be charged any extra fee for domain transfer?

I am willing to pay the reasonable fee if any domain registrar is willing to do this work.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Most sites allow free .com transfer while purchasing a year's extension on the same. You could try namecheap.com.

When I'd transferred, all I needed was the secret code that's assigned to each domain for transfer purposes. But I think by unlocked you mean this ain't there?

OP
chinmay

chinmay

Journeyman
@qwertymaniac - As i mentioned my registrar has shutdown its hosting services and all I am getting is an automated email mentioned above. Therefore, I can't get them to unlock the damin and get the EPP code for transfer.

I have written a letter of complaint to ICANN and ENOM. ENOM is known for its notorious customer service practice unfortunately. I was looking for an ENOM reseller who could unlock it for me because inter ENOM transfer is quite easy

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Since your domain has already expired, allow it to drop from the registry as well. Your domain will drop from the registry 60-75 days after its expiration. Once dropped, register it through some other register. I don't think someone may be interested in squatting that domain name of yours.

Also, did you try to login into the domain administration panel of your domain. Remember, that the domain admin panel is not same as your hosting control panel. Check the first email you received about the domain when you registered it in 2005. It will contain link to your domain control panel.

Keep us informed about what happens next!

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
1. Do you have access to this email id >> chinmay.d (at) gmail.com
2. There current Status is "Locked"

If you are a shyper client and were not notified of these changes and have questions, please send your inquiries to:

new.support@shyper.com

If you purchased a domain through Shyper's Enom reseller account we
can push your domain to another Enom accredited registrar when
requested to do so. Domains are unlocked at this time so you can also
request a transfer from the domain registrar of your choice.

3. Can you email the above support and get the Domain unlocked ? and get its EPP ?

OP
chinmay

chinmay

Journeyman
@victor_rambo - My domain hasn't expired. Its ownership belongs to Shyper till 2009. Even when its ownership drops I'll have to auction it at a much higher price. No help at that.

The owner's website is at shambles and so is the domain CP.

1. Do you have access to this email id >> chinmay.d (at) gmail.com
2. There current Status is "Locked"

3. Can you email the above support and get the Domain unlocked ? and get its EPP ?

@Sukhdeep Singh - Thanks for the concern. Yes that email belongs to me. I have sent a few emails at the above mentioned address after the site shut down and I always get some automated reply or the other. Only once did I get a personal typed message that my email will be unlocked shortly and I will get the EPP code but I didn't. Today I have written them a very harsh e-mail and lets hope if they take a prompt action against it.

Are you an eNom reseller btw?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Are you an eNom reseller btw?

Good that you have Admin Email linked to you so you can prove the ownership. I have emailed some friend at ENOM and will see if he/she can help.

I do have ENOM Reseller Account but domains are expensive at ENOM so we dont use it:)

OP
chinmay

chinmay

Journeyman
Good that you have Admin Email linked to you so you can prove the ownership. I have emailed some friend at ENOM and will see if he/she can help.

I do have ENOM Reseller Account but domains are expensive at ENOM so we dont use it:)

Thanks a lot Sukhdeep. :)

It is my sincere request that if you can work on this with a personal effort I'd be very obliged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom