• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

How do i decide AMD or Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelf15

Journeyman
Hey guys could u help me out with this....how do i decide whether i go in for an amd or intel procy???

Im confused between amd x2 and the core 2 duo..now if i go in for an x2 the click spped is high for wht im paying but if i go in for core2duo same amount clock speed is low!! but they say performance is superior..temme ppl how to decide??? wht do i do ..thx!!
 
OP
J

joelf15

Journeyman
ill be using it for games,designing,movies,programming,compiling..guess mostly graphics..and audio video..budget around 7 to 10max
 

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
core 2 duo is better if ur gonna make it a ruf usage....dual cores from intel sound better for d time being

Enjoy~!
 

THE ONE

Right off the assembly line
speedyguy said:
core 2 duo is better if ur gonna make it a ruf usage....dual cores from intel sound better for d time being
amd is the best dude

Enjoy~!
if u want an amd contact me
 

Kniwor

Learner
joelf15 said:
some expert views man!!!!!! this is like a 50 50 thing happening here... pls experts help!!!!!

lol....

anyhow, it is not possible to provide a definitive answer unless we know your budget, and what you are going to use it for.

For now C2D seems a good option, but we should remember that good LGA 775 motherboards are sky high, again, after launch of c2d AMD has dropped price of X2's uncountably many times, this puts them in real competition with c2d, also considering that we anticipate a longer life of AM2 platform. So basically, when it comes to the final cost/performace/upgradability, either one is not a bad option. Let us know your budget, and what options are you looking at. and then it will be easier to suggest.
 
OP
J

joelf15

Journeyman
Kniwor said:
lol....

anyhow, it is not possible to provide a definitive answer unless we know your budget, and what you are going to use it for.

For now C2D seems a good option, but we should remember that good LGA 775 motherboards are sky high, again, after launch of c2d AMD has dropped price of X2's uncountably many times, this puts them in real competition with c2d, also considering that we anticipate a longer life of AM2 platform. So basically, when it comes to the final cost/performace/upgradability, either one is not a bad option. Let us know your budget, and what options are you looking at. and then it will be easier to suggest.

Hey thnks this is awesome!!! well my budget is about is abt 9k max!!..gonna be using it for home..designing ..programming..games..music vid..n regular stuffs..another option which i was thinking abt is tht if i use 9k i get a higher end x2 but a lower end c2D ..is it more worth takin the c2d now or the x2 considering the performance and my usage!!..Thx i appreciate ur help guys!!!!
 

Kniwor

Learner
A C2D E6300 is better than a X2 4200+, this should give you an idea.

Will you use a seperate vid card or integrated video.
and do you overclock

If you do overclock, and will get a seperate vid card. I'd suggest you get a E6300 with Gigabye GA-965P-DS3.
the combination will cost you around 17k.

If you dont, better get a good AM2 motherboard and processor combination, or you can get an E6300 with some intel G965 if u will not get a seperate graphics card. The whole point is that if u are not going to overclock you can get either, but if u will do moderate overclocking, I'd suggest you get AM2 because your budget will provide you will a decent overclocking mobo, whereas in case of intel, you cant afford a good mobo.
 
OP
J

joelf15

Journeyman
Kniwor said:
A C2D E6300 is better than a X2 4200+, this should give you an idea.

Will you use a seperate vid card or integrated video.
and do you overclock

If you do overclock, and will get a seperate vid card. I'd suggest you get a E6300 with Gigabye GA-965P-DS3.
the combination will cost you around 17k.

If you dont, better get a good AM2 motherboard and processor combination, or you can get an E6300 with some intel G965 if u will not get a seperate graphics card. The whole point is that if u are not going to overclock you can get either, but if u will do moderate overclocking, I'd suggest you get AM2 because your budget will provide you will a decent overclocking mobo, whereas in case of intel, you cant afford a good mobo.

ok this is making sense now thx buddy! just 1 ques..ive heard tht overclocking reduces the life of the procy.how true is tht?? and regarding overclocking...if i do overclick id the cooling on the mobo enough or do i req external cooling??..And is overclocking really safe!!??
 

assasin

Banned
Overclocking is safe if u know what ur doing.It does reduce the life of the proccy but not by much.U wont feel it in the long run.My X2 3800+ has a stock spedd of 2GHz and its OCed to 2.5GHz(on stock cooler),and its running witout any probs.
 

Kniwor

Learner
joelf15 said:
ok this is making sense now thx buddy! just 1 ques..ive heard tht overclocking reduces the life of the procy.how true is tht?? and regarding overclocking...if i do overclick id the cooling on the mobo enough or do i req external cooling??..And is overclocking really safe!!??

That is a very debatable issue, overclock in itself is nothing much harmful but you can harm your components in the process of overclocking. Furthermore, i believe that whether or not you overclock, processors outlive their usability. Hence i overclock everything to the max. But it's a very personal choice actually.


About cooling, it depends on the overclock you are willing to do, proper cooling is still costly in India and hence takes away the whole point in getting one. The stock cooling does well if you maintain good airflow in the case. but extreme overclocks do require better cooling.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom