How do I clean a CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharat_r

In the zone
I've got CDs which are dirty.It looks like there's a layer of muddy dust to it.
But they are not scratched.

What should I do u clean them & make the surface shine again.
I searched google & it shows links to CD cleaning solutions.

I've visited many shops,they have only Cds to clean the CD rom's lens but they don't have CD cleaning solution.

So how do I do it with subastances avaliable at home itself & also with what kinfd of cloth do I clean it.

Please Help!!!*www.planetcricket.net/forums/images/smilies/024.gif

Tech&ME

Banned
This should not be a problem at all. Ya you can clean the CD's you have at home.

Just wash the CD (one at a time) with cold water ( not hot water ), you can apply some soap but be very careful do not apply hard cloth washing soap. Use bathing soap like DOVE, etc.

And remember you should not rub the CD in a circular motion, instead rub in from the centre towards the outer end. ( No CIRCULAR MOTION ! ).

And also take extra care while rubbing that no scratches falls into the CD or you know what that will mean.

Don't Do The Following :

1. Purchase any chemicals from the market and apply to clean the CDs.

2. Apply any liquid detergent or KIWI KLEEN, etc.

3. Apply any liquid soap ( example Detol Liquid Soap for handwash ).

4. No Circular Motion rubbing.

OH ! I forgot to mention, DRY DRY DRY, Yes Dry up the CD(s) before you use them on your CD Drive.

To Dry follow this steps :

Take a clean DRY Soft Towel, just place the CD on the Towel for a few minutes. Next slightly rub with the towel with soft hands this will clean DRY your CDs.

Don't Place the CDs in the hot sunlight for drying.

q3_abhi

Youngling
Washing ur cd with cold water n wiping it with a lint free cloth is the best way to clean ur cd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom