How do I burn DVDs with Sub-titles??

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
Well I got these 3 movies of Lord Of The Rings Trilogy, containing 4 CDs each.
Each movie is an Extended Edition DVD rip into DivX format with the extension .divx
I also downloaded the respective sub-titles from the net corresponding to the CDs.
So now the prob lem is how can I burn the movie from the 4 CDs into a single DVD with the sub-titles intact. How will the 4 parts convert to a single movie file.
I will use a 4.7GB media. Is there a way doing this using Nero Recode or shall I use some other software?

Plz help!!!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Tell one thing. Do you want to want to play those on DVD player or on your DVD rom?

In case you want to play the DVD on PC (on your DVD rom):
Data DVD
Then Burn them as .avi itself and then in case you have the subtitle , then you can place them in that same folder along with the .avi (and the same name as the movie .avi). Get Vobsub, this will make the subtitles come up automatically, if the .srt and .avi file is in the folder.
Or you can get BSplayer with which we can maually load the subtitles.

Now you say it's 4 movies on a DVD 5, how much is the length of each movie? I guess each one must be 1.4gb (or 700mb and low quality).

In case you want to burn them so that you can see them on DVD player : DVD with video_TS and Audio_TS
Then use the software:
avi2DVD which has an easy menu based interface

Also you can burn them as DVD video by:
In case u need to write a dvd- video: (in case u use nero)
1. First start a new compilation . File-->new compilation
2. Select "DVD-video" from that list.
3. Now do other formalities and u r done now

Also i f you're using Nero, you can save yourself a lot of trouble by using NeroVision Express 2. Start NVE2, select Make DVD>DVD-Video and then select "Add Video Files" and then add the files, Nero will automatically adjust the bitrate, the size, the aspect ratio, output format, and also allow you to create menus, etc. and then just click the "Burn" button and it will automatically transcode DivX/xviD content into DVD-Video and burn it.

Now as you can see that these are the procedures for burning a single movie, I am not sure how to add multiple movies in the same DVD.

OP
a_to_z123

a_to_z123

asia://india/ka/bangalore
Thx for the info drgrudge. But I think you misread what I said. Here I elaborate some more points.

1. I want to run it on my stand-alone DVD player.
2. Each movie is of 4 CDs each.
3. I want to burn separate DVDs of each movie.
4. I also want the sub-titles to be burnt with the DVD.

So how can I do this. Will NVE make a single movie file of the 4 CDs on the DVD? I also have the subtitles for the corresponding CDs which run correctly on BS-Player. So that's what I wanna know, how to burn them on the DVD so that they are visible on the television too.

PS And drgrudge do read the earlier poll in which I mentioned you. There are some misconceptions cleared there.

Thanks. Waiting for your reply.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Ok, I dint read properly and also you dint post properly :p OK.. lets see what we can do.

4 CD's? Are they in .avi or .ogg (you said DVDrips only), downlaod avi2DVD and see that menu it's by itself is self explanatory. Just make one DVD and see well it Burns the same. Like it's easy.. like start the program, add the ,avi file, .srt/.txt/subtitle file (I am not sure what all format it supports) and convert the same to DVD files.

a_to_z123 said:
So that's what I wanna know, how to burn them on the DVD so that they are visible on the television too.
Yes man, why not? I said that I my post also naa?
Use avi2DVD, We can burn with subtitle also. and yes you can view them on your TV also.

a_to_z123 said:
PS And drgrudge do read the earlier poll in which I mentioned you. There are some misconceptions cleared there.
Hmm.. I saw that. It's OK :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom