How can we burn DVD with MPG files

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikasg03

Journeyman
Hi to all group members,

I want to burn video songs in MPG format in DVD, but play as a DVD.
Is it possible. I want to do this in MPG so that i can burn more videos in DVD. How can we burn DVD as a VCD???
I just want to write more more and more videos in DVD and thats why i don't use vob format. is it possible to burn mpg files in DVD but not in data CD.

vikas gupta

Last edited:

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
@vikas...
AFAIK its not possible. if u burn them directly, the dvd player will show it as unknown format. if u encode it to dvd format, multisession will be off.

nil_3

In the zone
VCDs are MPEG1 files where DVD is MPEG2. MPEG1 and MPEG2 files differ in resolution and so in file-size. However MPEG1/MPEG2 files are not playable in standalone VCD/DVD player(though playable in computer); they have to be formatted in VCD/DVD which can be done by any standard writing software(e.g. Nero/Roxio). However now-a-days, some standalone players are available in market which can play MPEG files and even DivX files. Try such one.

hafees

In the zone
If your player supports DivX video, then you can even compress your mpeg files. And you can write 4 near dvd quality movies or 6or7 VCD quality movies in one DVD.

OP
vikasg03

vikasg03

Journeyman
thanks hafees
as u write "..................or 6or7 VCD quality movies in one DVD." This is the actual thing which i want to know HOW??. when i open nero 7.0 and select DVD VIDEO DISK then add option only allow me to add .VOB files and i want to add MPG file. how can i do this . and as u write how can i write 7 VCD quality movies on single 4.7 GB DVD. and also i am only interested to run DVD on computer but wants to write movies as a MPEG so that i can write more movies(6,7) in single DVD.because VOB extension takes double size in comparision to MPEG.
vikas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom