how 2 send ringtone as sms in N-3660

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Hi

How do i send a monotune as SMS using nokia 3660? I know in 1100, 2100 etc we can do this by going to composer.. Howver there's no 'Send' option available with 3660 under composer!

help!

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Well follow this steps....
1.Under composer open the tune you want to send
2.Do nothing with the composer,just opt to save the tone from options
3.The handset will ask for a name of the tone to save with and will show the previous name.........say Kalhonaho
4.Now add a "$" sign in the begining and inthe end of the name ...e.g. $kalhonaho$
5.Save the tone
6.Now get back to the main menu where your operator logo is shown....you must do this in order to send the tone.....just like restarting a computer after registry modification.
7.Now with the composer you should see the send option
8.Happy sendind and let me know

OP
S

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
hi man.. i tried doing it.. but it still doesnt work.. i mean im not gettin that send option even after renaming files with $ symbol as prefix n suffix, and goin to main menu n coming bk..

can anything else be done?

ice

In the zone
3660 doesnt allow u to send ring tones via sms, but i think u can send tones via mms / bluetoooth/ gprs / infra.

ice

In the zone
Thats basically because when these fones were released [color with poly] the manufacturers sorta realised that no1 would use mono ring tones, when poly tones existed, and poly tones cant be send over sms. So i presume they removed that feture, makes the oS smaller and lighter, eh

go4inet

In the zone
sidewinder said:
Well follow this steps....
1.Under composer open the tune you want to send
2.Do nothing with the composer,just opt to save the tone from options
3.The handset will ask for a name of the tone to save with and will show the previous name.........say Kalhonaho
4.Now add a "$" sign in the begining and inthe end of the name ...e.g. $kalhonaho$
5.Save the tone
6.Now get back to the main menu where your operator logo is shown....you must do this in order to send the tone.....just like restarting a computer after registry modification.
7.Now with the composer you should see the send option
8.Happy sendind and let me know

r u nutz ? he is talking abt a different model ! the one u gave was for N 2100 N 1100 ! And for the model which he has specified, can be done via infra red, blootooth or via datacable :)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
SmoothCriminal said:
Hi

How do i send a monotune as SMS using nokia 3660? I know in 1100, 2100 etc we can do this by going to composer.. Howver there's no 'Send' option available with 3660 under composer!

help!

Hey come on mate u have a Smart phone and u want the features as a normal phone come onnnn....these phones use Four methods to send wallpapers,games,softwares and yea even ur ringtones...i.e
1.)Data Cable i.e Connecting a given data cable to ur pc and then transferring it via a Nokia Pc-Suite software or Oxygen Phone manager.
2.)Infra-Red Cable i.e connecting a Irda device to ur cell phone and then to ur pc and then transferring files.
3.)Bluetooth,the latest u can transfer from a bluetooth enabled phone to phone or from Pc to a phone via a blueTooth Cable.
4.)If none of this is ur option then this is the last one for all....Thats the Good Old Gprs....connect via ur service providers Gprs service and then send a ringtone Via MMS. So Happy sending mate...

ice

In the zone
allwyndlima said:
SmoothCriminal said:
Hi

help!

Hey come on mate u have a Smart phone and u want the features as a normal phone come onnnn....these phones use Four methods to send wallpapers,games,softwares and yea even ur ringtones...i.e
1.)Data Cable i.e Connecting a given data cable to ur pc and then transferring it via a Nokia Pc-Suite software or Oxygen Phone manager.
2.)Infra-Red Cable i.e connecting a Irda device to ur cell phone and then to ur pc and then transferring files.
3.)Bluetooth,the latest u can transfer from a bluetooth enabled phone to phone or from Pc to a phone via a blueTooth Cable.
4.)If none of this is ur option then this is the last one for all....Thats the Good Old Gprs....connect via ur service providers Gprs service and then send a ringtone Via MMS. So Happy sending mate...

Its an infra dongle, not cable. similarly a bluetooth dongle, not cable.

And when ur connectin two fones, no dongle will be needed, given tat both the fones support the connectivity type being used.

OP
S

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
hi guys.. im infact awready using the Bluetooth and GPRS for sending and receiving files from PC / Web..

Well.. My friends havin 2100, 3315, 1100 are able to send me ringtones while im unable to send them.. ofcourse im able to send ringtones as MMS to MMS-enabled guys n gals..

Its really a wonder!.. Im able to receive ringtones as SMS.. but, Im even unable to forward these SMSs!.. neither am i able to send ringtones to these phones.. huh..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
@Ice yea well thanks for the update on the dongle term anyways i did mean transferring from a phone to phone via a bluetooth conectivity present in both phones and a pc to a bluetooth enabled phone Via your so-called Bluetooth "Dongle" lol.....

@Smooth Criminal ...come on dude how many times have to tell ya smart phones smart use....old phones old use...sure ur friends can send u "Monotunes" from their phones but its nothing compared to the Polytones and True tones that are available....as for these smart phones these are meant for such a use which cope up with the latet technology and get out with the outdated ones....so mate try to use ur latest facilities and forget ur friends old Monotunes sending facility as there's no way that u can send ur tunes without Gprs service and the rest options that i gave ya....peace mate. 8)

NikhilVerma

Padawan
SmoothCriminal said:
Hi

help!

Well you can't send ringtones that have been download from some number like 8888 coz they are copyrighted...
You can send composed or non-copyrighted tones only.....

OP
S

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
NikhilVerma said:
SmoothCriminal said:
Hi

help!

Well you can't send ringtones that have been download from some number like 8888 coz they are copyrighted...
You can send composed or non-copyrighted tones only.....

Well.. Im not able to send even my own composed ringtones...!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
xenkatesh said:
Do ur mobile have composer option

Dude Are u in a hurry of posting something LOl :D Just check the Posts made by everyone...his composer aint sending any ringtone to other phones nor does any Smart phone for that matter Lol.....Anyways peace mate. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom