How 2 disable this msg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ankushkool

Youngling
i get this msg frequently on my comp....
*img137.imageshack.us/img137/7718/msgix1.jpg

how do i disable it?

bugsome

Broken In
You are infected buddy...Try scanning your system with some good antispyware like adaware or spybot search and destroy..I reccomend using NOD antivirus..To remove the message do as specified in this link
*www.spyware-removal-guideline.com/messenger-service-popups-removal

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
You may not be infected. Its windows messenger spam. Disable windows messenger service.

*www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/learnmore/stopspam.mspx

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
raptorz said:
You may not be infected. Its windows messenger spam. Disable windows messenger service.

*www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/learnmore/stopspam.mspx
WRONG !!!

@ankushkool, U R INFECTED !!

Try online scanner or Antivirus NOW !!

cynosure

UbuntuUser
@raptorz: Bill gates would never publicize "clean32.com". Its an adware/spyware.

Use Spybot S&D

devil_himself

Broken In
Download HJTInstall.exe to your Desktop.

*www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe

* Doubleclick HJTInstall.exe to install it.
* By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
* Click on Install.
* It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
* Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
* Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
* Copy/Paste the log to your next reply please.

Don't use the Analyse This button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.
Don't have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

pramodv1988

Broken In
Its Windows messenger service. Not a spyware/adware . Used to happen with me too.

Go to run -- > services.msc

Look for Messenger. Stop it and make the startup type disabled. This will solve your problem.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
googled for clean32.com, & got this...

Warning
clean32.com is a known source of malware. Don't use this site nor any of the services it provides.

I've just fixed a malware infection. The computer had started randomly communucating with:

www.registrycleanerxp.com

wwww.regupdate.net

ww.clean32.com

ww.key32.com

ww.fix64.com

(Don't open those sites!!!)

YOU CAN FIX THIS BY FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTION ON THIS PAGE BY MICROSOFT - *www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/security/learnmore/stopspam.mspx

It's a hoax and not something you need to worry about. Get a copy of Ad-Aware[/img] and SpyBot Search and Destroy and scan your Windows installation to eliminate the spyware. While not a real problem, it can be ugly and unpleasant to have to deal with.

Remember that ANY Windows installation NEEDS an antivirus program. AVG free edition is a good choice. And keep both Ad-Aware and SpyBot handy. Finally, safe surfing is REALLY important, particularly when running Windows.

[url]www.aboutus.org/Clean32.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom