Host of Problems

Soumyajit

Novice
Hi all,

I have an assembled desktop PC with the following config :
ASUS M2N MX motherboard
AMD Athlon 3800+ dual core processor
Zion 512MB x 2 DDR2 RAM
Samsung 160GB SATA HDD (Win XP SP3 loaded in C drive)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA HDD
LG Flatron CRT monitor

I am facing the following problems (i dont know if they are related or not)

1. Occasionally the PC does not start. I mean, after starting the PC the CPU starts, but the monitor continues to remain in the standby mode. Solution found by me is to remove the RAMs, clean them with after shave and then reinsert them.

2. The date and time gets reset automatically. I have changed the CMOS battery but the problem is persisting. Once again, it does not happen every time but occasionally.

3. Error message "CPU fan error. Press F1 to continue" when booting. I dont know what to do.

4. Biggest problem !! My PC is hanging when i am connecting the Seagate HDD. This has happened since last month or so. When I disconnect the drive the PC is again working fine. earlier the drive was loading only in the safe mode, but yday it hanged in safe mode also.

Would be grateful if someone can help me.

Thanks and regards,
Soumyajit

azzu

AJJU
1) iam sure this is Cpu overheating problem , or check ur PSU
i dont think its d problem of ram
2) happend to me too, m changed d battery too but no help took it local comp technician he cudnt figure it out too. Try updating ur Bios.FW ,,
Btw: it mainly happens when ur cpu is running and power cut happens
3) again ,, check ur cpu , fan and heatsink , re-apply thermal paste if needed
4)mainly problem of Hdd ,,

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Hi all,

I have an assembled desktop PC with the following config :
ASUS M2N MX motherboard
AMD Athlon 3800+ dual core processor
Zion 512MB x 2 DDR2 RAM
Samsung 160GB SATA HDD (Win XP SP3 loaded in C drive)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA HDD
LG Flatron CRT monitor

I am facing the following problems (i dont know if they are related or not)

1. Occasionally the PC does not start. I mean, after starting the PC the CPU starts, but the monitor continues to remain in the standby mode. Solution found by me is to remove the RAMs, clean them with after shave and then reinsert them.

2. The date and time gets reset automatically. I have changed the CMOS battery but the problem is persisting. Once again, it does not happen every time but occasionally.

3. Error message "CPU fan error. Press F1 to continue" when booting. I dont know what to do.

4. Biggest problem !! My PC is hanging when i am connecting the Seagate HDD. This has happened since last month or so. When I disconnect the drive the PC is again working fine. earlier the drive was loading only in the safe mode, but yday it hanged in safe mode also.

Would be grateful if someone can help me.

Thanks and regards,
Soumyajit

1. remove ram & processor & all other things attached to cpu & clean them well. reinsert them. your ram getting loose. do you drag or move the cpu lot? this maybe one reason.

2. mine same. it comes occasionally. changed battery. no use.

3. i not know. do as azzu suggested.

4. your HDD got problem. maybe bad sector. i got a 80Gb Seagate. same problem. couple with my 250Gb. PC starts but soon starts lagging & finally HANG.

OP
S

Soumyajit

Novice
Thanks Azzu & Sam.Shab

Main problem is the Seagate HDD... Can you guys tell me how much it will cost me for data recovery?

regards,
Soumyajit

Top Bottom