Hope its not major prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vivek788

In the zone
I bought a new cpu with 250gb sata hard disk.I had a 120gb samsung hard disk PATA with me.It contains all my setups,movies,data everything.After many small probs i have finally suceeded to properly connected these two hard disks together and transfer data between the two.
But that lasted only for that one session after connecting it,that too about 30 min.After that the system just hangs,no response whatsoever.I have to reset the cpu to get out.Even then booting doesnt take place unless I switch off and start again.
Now before a min is over after booting the system hangs,by now I might have rset about 10-15 times the new HD.I am worried about its health as chkdsk is run and finds some files and removes them.
Now I have removed the 120gb...hence no prob.But I need that data desperately.Also I have not been able to install linux becos the dvd-writer even though being primary boot device shows same symptoms that happens after system hangs and is reset...black screen.....

I doubt the prob is with the IDE cable which is common for the dvd drive and parallel 120gb HD...hope tat the prob...
Please help(sorry for the long post...but I want no confusions..)

OP
Vivek788

Vivek788

In the zone
even after removing 120gb hard disk,the system crashed while using a pen drive.It gave an error system32/hal.dll missing.I had to reinstall windows.Now I doubt all devices(psu,mboard,HDD,ide cable ...)

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
This is a problem with HD which even I'm facing. Especially on the latest Intel motherboards. I can't blame Intel blindly, but it's not working out on 2 systems. I'm getting the same HAL problem.

OP
Vivek788

Vivek788

In the zone
oh boy...but now the system works fine with the 250 gb alone...just that it doesnt allow booting from discs(except windows disc) and connecting pata HD.So can the new HD be really faulty and mine is not Intel board.....i think either psu or board is faulty in some way....gotta backup data and take to shop for servicing....

OP
Vivek788

Vivek788

In the zone
as an update to the probs...as a last resort,last week i installed ubuntu.All probs seemed to have vanished.I was able to connect the 120gb along with the 250 gb.I even copied complete data and formatted the 120gb to one partition using partition magic.
Then after restarting,Windows has never again booted up.A blue screen flashes and system restarts.Ubuntu works fine.I perfomed memory check and also cleaned the RAM...no use.

Also my friend who took my 120gb to backup his data suffered the same.After copying and restarting,he had to reinstall windows and his ubuntu.Lot of data loss was caused.What cud be the prob with my hard disk?It is quite new ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom