Honda Jazz released

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^ Can you please define the term 'premium hatchback'?

I think it is rather an 'overpriced hatchback'. :|

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
^ very true... its not like something special. its just a hachback car.. overpriced
simply bcoz its a Honda.. doesnt mean it is out of this world or something :evil:

i wont recommend this car.. I dont like Maruti but still in hachback nothing beats Swift Diesel right now. its just too good bcoz of the fiat engine ;)
hehe. it's lot cheaper when compared to Fiat 500 that is available for 15L (small car)
Fiat 500 is a special edition limited car, thats fully customised to customer needs.. but again 15lacs is too high.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Why do we always have to be casted in mould ? Like those of Indicas,Santros,Altos,Swift,Palios etc. Aren't there enough already that one can make a complete dictionary with el all. From A for Altos to Z for Zing.

How Boring ? Just when i rejocied with Fabia Coloring the Hatch market Honda just blew their victory trumpet with Jazz.

Shoot the Price ! Its not always everything.Do consider that Hatchbacks are convinent in City.Who needs extra boot to always carry a around in the city ?

Fabias and recently the jewel in Hachback market ,mark me as i Say "Indian",Jazz is all about having something decent in a good taste.And moreso for a people for whom should we say have cash in spades.

When the Indian market is maturing lets accept it with open arms.After all there are all sort of customers and not only those whom we stubbly put as price conscious.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@freshseasons- The whine is not about the Jazz being a hatchback. Give me a hatchback with a 1.6L engine,awesome mileage, top of the line accessories and we are game. But a normal hatchback with nothing to brag about features isnt much of a winner. Sure the Honda provides the best security for the mid-high end segment, but in all other aspects its just another car totally not justifiable to its price. The Fabio is pricey too but comes with everything in the box.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
the machine looks splendid as is other honda cars..

honda always comes some wht at hefty proce tag..

more over the price is due to strong yen vs dollar....

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
wat good is the looks if it dun even have enuf power. It shudve atleast the power of getz or swift with some 1.4L or greater engine.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
In US, the Honda Fit base model with manual transmission (Jazz here) costs $14750 ex-showroom. Considering the US dollar at Rs.47, it comes to around Rs.6.93L. But it has a 1.5L engine. We are only having 1.2L engine and no alloy wheels. But this is just an observation.

Yesterday night in NDTV in the car and bike show, they were reviewing the Jazz and it was looking good, much better than the other hatchbacks. However the upcoming Fiat Grande Punto also looks good.:|

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ The Fiat Punto is friggin' awesome! But sadly the Indian Punto will be a watered-down version of its European counterpart. :(

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
hehe. it's lot cheaper when compared to Fiat 500 that is available for 15L (small car)

Lol...true but then Fiat is directly imported...so it comes in with all the import duties... :)..No excuse for jazz because it was manufactured in india...

Last edited:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
^ Can you please define the term 'premium hatchback'?

I think it is rather an 'overpriced hatchback'. :|

I totally agree....its way too expensive...actually this trend was brought by skoda's hatchback fabia from which they came up with the term premium hatchback which i assume means it has many top features which u seemed to get in premium cars & by this it doesn't mean that its performance is good..infact swift still rules in this segment..its just the luxury they give inside from which they have come up with the term premium hatchback....For eg the just now released Ritz is also a premium hatchback acc to suzuki...but honestly hardly will people buy this car...indian consumers don't give a crap about how luxurious it is & to be honest Hyundai's i10 & i20 would kick its ass anyday...it makes more sense to get an i20 than jazz...more space,luxurious,design-erm..both are good & i20 is a better performer...

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
The only and perhaps the most important thing going against Jazz is its 1.2L engine.
Seriously how do you define premium segment when you cannot give decent the norm 1.6 engine.
Oil guzzlers is and what we call true premium segment vehicles.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
^ It develops 90PS of power from a 1200cc engine. Other small cars produce lesser from bigger engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom