Home Theater setup suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
My neighbor want to buy Home theater setup including Speakers, DVD player and the LCD TV. Constraints are:

1. LCD is to be 40incher
  2. Whole Setup should belong to single company like Sony, LG or Samsung.
  3. Budget is 50K-80K.
He was initially inclined towards Sony but I advised him against it as I personally find Sony's LCD over-priced for the offering.
I also want to know that in the given budget is it possible to get a Full HD 40incher?

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Why does your friend want all components of the system from the same company? Trying to pick up from different brands may give better options and integrating (read connecting) the system with different brands is no more difficult than the all from the same manufacturer. I find no merit in his insisting all from the same company.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
The guy is not tech-savvy at all and buying all of same company gives him the opportunity of single point of service of all the components included.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Then it will be best to look out for Home Theater in a Box solution. Since your friend will be going in for a 40" LCD TV, it will be best to look out for HTiB with HDMI input. Samsung seems to have some in the world market but I do not know about their availability in India. Just google Home Theater in a Box with HDMI inputs and try your luck.

ruturaj3

Journeyman
Why does your friend want all components of the system from the same company? Trying to pick up from different brands may give better options and integrating (read connecting) the system with different brands is no more difficult than the all from the same manufacturer. I find no merit in his insisting all from the same company.

Ya i agree with u. I also have samsung 32" LED, and i m planning to buy segate seagate theater+ hd media player and some decent 5.1 speakers.
Can anyone suggest me speakers, and also connection diagram or guide how can i setup , TV, media player, speakers and set top box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom