Home theater for both TV & PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
I am looking out for a home theatre in the sub-20k range for my TV. Can I use it to listen to my 5 channel AV media in the HT system? IS it possible that I use the HTS for both PC & TV & what should I look for?

A vendor has prescribed me the Sony DAV DZ390. It sounded ok. But will it really play my 5.1 media in 5.1 style, each speaker giving individual sounds? What should I do to integrate both TV & PC in the speaker set.

Any suggestions as to how to go about? I 'm actually a 0 in electronics/electricals :D

Help me out here, guyz.

Arnab boss

In the zone
Try looking @ logitec or altec lancing home theater systems...'

If u can increased ur budget 5k more then there is onkyo and yamaha systems which rocks...'

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
i heard the onkyo 3200 but was not that impressed as much as the 5205. maybe because of the rooms setting & the 3200's passive subwoofer.
philips & sony too have got some configs in the sub-20k range... namely philips hts 3371 & sony DAV DZ390. i like philips all-round playability.. plays almost everything. sony DAV DZ390k is said to be the best in the sub-20k. What about these models?

Help me decide, guyz? Is it really worth to go for a Onkyo HTS3200 @ 5k plus without a DVD/Bluray player than a Sony DAV DZ390k?

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
ppl help me decide if it's really worth to go for a Onkyo HTS3200 @ 25k & without a DVD/Bluray player than a Sony DAV DZ390k @ 19.5k? ppl who heard both please advice.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@koolbluez, it's ears that need to do the talking. Take a demo of both with couple of videos and decide which one your ears like :)

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
tried it, but the rooms they used for both changed. i was able to hear some sounds better in the Sony set. but all vouch for onkyo!
I wanted to connect with my PC too. Onkyo has a better system to give me max utility... for sony with pc it's just 5.1 sound, no dolby etc.. for onkyo with pc better suport to dobly/dts...
also i can justify that i can connect any player to onkyo... but sony has inbuild amp.. so i've to stay on it if i want amplifier too (cant upgrade/change player without compromising on amp)
I want another ear to share the onkyo/sony experience.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Check the next model S5200:

*www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=HT-S5200&class=Systems&p=i

7.1 channel
Total 1200W with a Powerfull 10-inch 290W Powered Subwoofer
If you want an idea of where Onkyo’s home theater packages are heading, the HT-S5200 is well worth checking out.Like previous Onkyo 7.1-channel receiver/speaker packages, the HT-S5200 delivers reassuringly hefty amounts of power and all-round performance. And in line with other recent offerings, it’s also perfectly suited for high-definition entertainment in the home: 1080p video takes center stage from sources such as Blu-ray Disc, DVD, HD broadcasting, and gaming. The emphasis is still on Onkyo’s audio prowess, so the HT-S5200 is equipped with three groundbreaking Audyssey technologies that will give you the edge in terms of surround sound.It also features some exciting innovations from Onkyo: a dedicated port that connects the iPod via the Dock for the iPod and DSP modes specifically designed for gaming.

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
checked it yesterday... cant cough up 10k more now :(
only option Onkyo HTS3200 @ 25k or Sony DAV DZ390k @ 19.5k
Have to tell if onkyo model is worth the 5k more...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hmm. when you are getting a massive amp with wide array of connectivity options, yes. it is worth the extra 5k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom