Home made Laptop cooler Digit Edition.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
@sam: :D

@seamonster: consider active cooling?? ;)

What is active cooling? Can you please elaborate?

Loooooooooooooooooooool
your notebook is overheating because you have covered the keyboard. How do you expect it to get air inside properly.
the notebook takes in air from the keyboard and also the vents at the base enclosure.

er..... no.
As already discussed above removing the keyboard cover produces almost negligible results.
With this laptop cooler, I can now max out BF4, AC 4 and Ghosts in the playable FPS ranges of 25-30 while the temps staying at 80 degrees centigrade.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
What is active cooling? Can you please elaborate?

er..... no.
As already discussed above removing the keyboard cover produces almost negligible results.
With this laptop cooler, I can now max out BF4, AC 4 and Ghosts in the playable FPS ranges of 25-30 while the temps staying at 80 degrees centigrade.

Active cooling involves actively dissipating the heat using fans/water/etc.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
@OP some suggestions ( valuable and rational ) for your 650M SLIs. If you really want your GPU's to sustain a healthy long life up-to next 2 years without any throttling/overheating issues, here what you must do.

1. Take your"cooler" out from under the laptop.
2. Carefully take the LED's, and wires out.
3. Fold the cardboard into something which fits your "dump old stuff here" basket/cupboard.
4. DUMP it.
5. visit online/offline (retail) stores and buy a good quality Deepcool/Cooler Master cooling pad. Carry it home with a smile.
6. DIY LED and wires around the new cooler ( not recommended though )
7. Fit the modded cooler under the laptop.

P.S. -That keyboard cover of you'rs is receiving a lot of HATE from the holy spirit of games, the benign god of Hardware and Divine angels of "good looking PC". If you're not suffering from primary or focal hyperhidrosis in your palm areas, remove it ASAP for you have sinned and get a soft brush to clean the KB thrice a week.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
@OP some suggestions ( valuable and rational ) for your 650M SLIs. If you really want your GPU's to sustain a healthy long life up-to next 2 years without any throttling/overheating issues, here what you must do.

3. Fold the cardboard into something which fits your "dump old stuff here" basket/cupboard.
4. DUMP it.
5. visit online/offline (retail) stores and buy a good quality Deepcool/Cooler Master cooling pad. Carry it home with a smile.

P.S. -That keyboard cover of you'rs is receiving a lot of HATE from the holy spirit of games, the benign god of Hardware and Divine angels of "good looking PC". If you're not suffering from primary or focal hyperhidrosis in your palm areas, remove it ASAP for you have sinned and get a soft brush to clean the KB thrice a week.

lol. :lol:

anirbandd

Conversation Architect

4. DUMP it.

Lol!!!

+1 ;)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
You see I don't think my parent are gonna allow me to buy another upgrade to my laptop and may get angry if I say that laptop is overheating and stuff so.....

So remove that table cloth.

And put something under the backside legs of the lappy.

Don't be so desperate to mod. Apply some sense. :)

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
So remove that table cloth.

And put something under the backside legs of the lappy.

Don't be so desperate to mod. Apply some sense. :)

Actually the second idea is not bad, I'll try to lift the laptop a little from the backside.
Besides I put some cosmetics effects on the "cooler" and now it's looking much better than the earlier trash.
I pretty happy with the results and I don't think I need anything more.
Assassin's Creed 4 30 FPS everything max 4xTXAA at 90 degree ultrabay GPU and 84 degree normal GPU, what more could I possibly want?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
Yeah. Thats not operating temperature. Thats max occasional operating temp. Occasional. Not continuous.

Ever thought what it'd do to your body if it were constantly 50degrees?? Or if it was summer all year round??

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Yeah. Thats not operating temperature. Thats max occasional operating temp. Occasional. Not continuous.

Ever thought what it'd do to your body if it were constantly 50degrees?? Or if it was summer all year round??

Alright alright, suggest me a good laptop cooler.

Top Bottom