Hindi games

noob

Cyborg Agent
Since last 2 days i am playing my first RPG SKYRIM and i am loving it. However, i tend to forget characters names,locations, spell-cast name etc. May be because game is new to me :)

Now imagine same game(or any other game like COD, BF3 etc) with Hindi names & locations, all dialogues in Hindi. wont that be fun ?

WOW and why not have entire "Mahabharata" as a RPG ? that will be a massive game and popular too. :) Imagine you are playing it from Arjun's,Bhim's,Krishan's point of view. wow...

Is it really that hard to make such game ? They will just have to do voice over. I will love to play GTA with New Delhi , Mumbai map :)

Is there any game(gun game, puzzle game , etc) which has all dialogues ,locations and characters in Hindi ?

gameranand

Living to Play
Nope. There was one for ps2 I think hanuman but it was a terrible game at best. Also there would be a lot of controversies if game is made on with hindu relegion games. Heck fallout 3 was not released here because you can kill a character named brahmin which was somewhat like a cow.

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
hmm :(

But imagine the same games we play now in proper local languages and locations...will be more fun.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Tell Indians to buy the games first. Then only the gaming companies will really consider our local languages

Neuron

Electronic.
Even if they do they conversations will be terrible.Will pro'lly remind you of some hindi dubbed hollywood films.

Alok

Adventurer
If you have gta san andreas just get you city's map (via google earth) , use map editor to make your own city and use gxt editor to edit name of locations , people , cars , bikes etc...

Requirement : "lot of time".

gameranand

Living to Play
Look buddy games are meant to play in english and even the game supported languages are not ideal as per my foreiner friends. So here we are talking something really fictious IMO.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
So much potential in Ramayana and Mahabharata as a game. I'd put my bet on Rocksteady :D

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah and then it will get the fate like fallout 3 in India. It won't even get released, heck someone might sue the developing company for making fun of religion

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Controversy or not... I can totally imagine roaming in Delhi or Mumbai in GTA.. what a fun it would be to drive cars on the streets of CP, or speeding on NH-24, sometimes in a crowded palika bazaar ... and sometimes along the shores of Marine Lines in Mumbai!
Wow.. what an idea noob!

But somebody have to take care of Sibel and Thakray first! :(
(intentionally spelt wrong)

OP
N

noob

Cyborg Agent
Controversy or not... I can totally imagine roaming in Delhi or Mumbai in GTA.. what a fun it would be to drive cars on the streets of CP, or speeding on NH-24, sometimes in a crowded palika bazaar ... and sometimes along the shores of Marine Lines in Mumbai!
Wow.. what an idea noob!

But somebody have to take care of Sibel and Thakray first! :(
(intentionally spelt wrong)

ha ha yes buddy...if we leave politics behind such games will rock here...sadly people dont buy games and prefer to pirate it.

Last time we tried CS: Hindi (only commands in recorded hindi voice). Roger that : Yes. Samaj gaya mein.
Team fall back : abbe nikal le...marna hai kya....

it was EPIC fun...

Alok

Adventurer
Regarding Ramayana/Mahabharata 's RPG=>
The thing you are imaging in your mind that potential, details and flow is possible only with a big developer And they won't do that. If somehow they think ,politics and religion will prevent them. Why they take headache .
And India don't have any dev to make "such big" thing as it should be.

Last edited:

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Is it really that hard to make such game ? They will just have to do voice over.
the gaming company will have to plan accordingly & also add extra capital on voice artists...

Is there any game(gun game, puzzle game , etc) which has all dialogues ,locations and characters in Hindi ?

there was a game released by indian developers some street racing with a Mumbai Map on it don't remember its exact name....

also Ghajini game was released but was it in Hindi???

gameranand

Living to Play
Putting map names and characters is good idea but making game on religion won't be possible. Many times we abuse protaganist in the game for not acting according or just due to glitch but a spiritual person won't afford that.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Indians get offended easily, so we will never see something like this. Running over virtual Indian pedestrians, carjacking ! Not possible boss, that will be totally unSibalized .

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Russians are very reasonable, IMO.

I mean.. in every game war game.. Russians are the villains. Still they are taking it sportively.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ I don't think it's like that. If you look carefully in most of the game/movies Indians are either taxi drivers or are stereotyped in some or the other roles. But we don't seem to be so concerned about it.

I think Russia won't mind or has no reason to mind until their is no direct link to the characters to any political figure or incident.

Alok

Adventurer
^^someone's height is figured by it's enemies. That why it is happy.:))

^^I think Russia won't mind or has no reason to mind until their is no direct link to the characters to any political figure or incident.

"name of country" is biggest thing for objection.

Top Bottom