High Range Wifi Modem

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
@Mario
me and my neighbour have been using dlink for over a year... what kind of issues have you heard about?

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
^I hope you have read that.

N13U should cover it. But with good or fair signal, not a big deal though. No drops.

......if you don't upgrade to ddwrt.

Then forget P2P.
Why D-Link DSL-2750U and TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND are both modem cum router and can able to download torrent data, why should I forget P2P.

And is there any difference in wifi range of TL-WR841N and TL-WR740N, beside 300mbps and 150mbps respectively? Both are wifi modem cum router and having 700 bucks price difference but no USB. I have to use wifi for my laptop and mobile phone, thats it so for this 150mbps router is enough or not?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^Mbps does not decide wifi range :|

the antenna does...right?

Why D-Link DSL-2750U and TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND are both modem cum router and can able to download torrent data, why should I forget P2P.

And is there any difference in wifi range of TL-WR841N and TL-WR740N, beside 300mbps and 150mbps respectively? Both are wifi modem cum router and having 700 bucks price difference but no USB. I have to use wifi for my laptop and mobile phone, thats it so for this 150mbps router is enough or not?

D-Link DSL-2750U does not support p2p.

the TL-WR841N will have better range than TL-WR740N not because its 300Mbps but because it has 2 5dBi Omni Directional Antenna's,
this is the image given in tlinks site, its pretty misleading I believe
*i46.tinypic.com/akablu.jpg

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Okay, thanks dan4u! So, you mean TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND is the cheapest option for USB + torrent downloading in modem cum router?

@Mario
150mbps or 300 mbps wont matter too much unless you want to build your own internal network (tv pc phone tablet inter-connectivity etc.)
Explain internal network? I've to use only for laptop and mobile phone, sometimes two laptops.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Okay, thanks dan4u! So, you mean TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND is the cheapest option for USB + torrent downloading in modem cum router?

@Mario
Explain internal network? I've to use only for laptop and mobile phone, sometimes two laptops.

Where did you read that TP Link supports P2P ?

Internal network meant WLAN = Wireless LAN. Greater than WLAN speed, faster the b/w intra-network devices.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Where did you read that TP Link supports P2P ?

Internal network meant WLAN = Wireless LAN. Greater than WLAN speed, faster the b/w intra-network devices.

[YOUTUBE]g3y62fPFoak[/YOUTUBE]
What are the options for the for USB + torrent downloading in wifi modem cum router? As you said Asus RT13NU is just a router and it needs a modem.

:bump:

Last edited:

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
@Mario
me and my neighbour have been using dlink for over a year... what kind of issues have you heard about?

Heard? Even better - experienced. With more than one model - all sub50$ cheapo ones.

Issues? Connection stability mostly, random restarts very rarely, etc etc.

Please don't start a flame war - these are my own experiences, yours may be better - in fact, I would be happy if your's is better :thumbs:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
What are the options for the for USB + torrent downloading in wifi modem cum router? As you said Asus RT13NU is just a router and it needs a modem.

Increase your budget to around 4k, then you can expect some offering. That too you will mostly get only "routers", not modem+router combo. You can buy any simple ADSL+ modem under 1k or even in .5k if 2nd hand.

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Increase your budget to around 4k, then you can expect some offering. That too you will mostly get only "routers", not modem+router combo. You can buy any simple ADSL+ modem under 1k or even in .5k if 2nd hand.

That is expensive and complicated for me and others who will use. I left the idea of USB router cum model. Now, I've to finalize a simple wifi cum router that emits high range of wifi signal. For this TL-WR841N looks fine, any idea how is it or any other option?

viki

Right off the assembly line
I guess you didn't read my post carefully. The above status is on stock F/W, i.e. before upgrading to ddwrt. After you upgrade, all the issues are resolved. But you loose the full 3 yr warranty.

Excuse me for butting in but won't the warranty remain safe if one can write the ASUS firmware back on the router.

I hope they cannot detect anything after one writes the latest firmware which the company supplies for downloads from it site.

Please share your comments, since I am interested in the same model but need concrete feed back from a user of the device.

Thanks

But where does it says that TL-WR1043ND can download torrents independently. I just browsed the TP Link site but it does not claims any such thing, or I am missing something???

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Excuse me for butting in but won't the warranty remain safe if one can write the ASUS firmware back on the router.

I hope they cannot detect anything after one writes the latest firmware which the company supplies for downloads from it site.

Please share your comments, since I am interested in the same model but need concrete feed back from a user of the device.

Thanks

Obviously you can revert back to stock F/W and save warranty (if it doesn't gets bricked, though chances are too less of that), but I just mentioned it for the sake of probable owners. :)

OP
rider

rider

as Kratos
Obviously you can revert back to stock F/W and save warranty (if it doesn't gets bricked, though chances are too less of that), but I just mentioned it for the sake of probable owners. :)

You should mention this man, the warranty issue was deal-breaker for me.

But where does it says that TL-WR1043ND can download torrents independently. I just browsed the TP Link site but it does not claims any such thing, or I am missing something???

Yes, it has no USB feature but apart from this it is VFM and performance of wifi signals is incredibly outstanding. I'll order asap.

Also I can download torrents with some tab or phone and transfer to PC.

Top Bottom