High Performance CPU Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Hello, I require a Quad Core CPU. It will be used as a server / webserver. I will be installing Windows Server 2008 on it. With atleast one Virtual machine running working only as a webserver. We already have one C2Q 6600 based server with 4 GB RAM , and its serving us well. Budget is somewhere around 40K. We want to go with 8 GB RAM.

I would like to go with Core i7, but I really dont know about its performance. Primary focus is with the CPU/RAM/Motherboard, rest can be anything!

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

I just checked the specs for i7 920 , 2667 MHz, 8MB L3 Cache, and Intel VT. and
Core 2 Quad Q9550 , 2833 MHz , 2 × 6 MB L2 Cache.

Which one to go for?

---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Guys .. Pls reply.. I need to order the Components ASAP :( Please suggest motherboard

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Processor: Core i7 i920 D0 2.66GHz @ 14.8k
Mobo: MSI X58 Pro @ 10.8k / Gigabyte EX58-UD5 17.5k
RAM: OCZ 6 (2X3) GB DDR3 1600MHz Gold Edition RAM @ (2750x3)=7.25k

What about these???

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^ Thanks Krishna, Is there a sub 10K variant in gigabyte?
GIGABYTE EX-58UD is Rs. 12,500 in computerware house bangalore

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ charan

hi buddy

Go for core i7 eyes closed and dont even think for opting any processor in lga 775 range.
The msi mobo krishnandu.sarkar suggested is the cheapest one so go for it.
There is no sub 10k mobo in lga 1366 based platform so msi is the way to go or else the gigabyte board @ 12.5k is also solid.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Well u can go for MSI one.......Its the best buy for X58

Ya u r rite Gigabyte EX58-UD5 will cost u 12.5k approx. Sorry for wrong info.

I wud suggest the MSI one.

+1 to the config. i7 920 is much better than q9550 considering your usage pattern. It also supports HT technology (which was lost after the P4 3.0 GHz with HT CPU), so the processor can handle 8 threads simultaneously.

And MSI X58-Pro E is one of the best boards for Socket 1366, and extremely VFM at its price range !

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Thanks Guys, Currently waiting for the quote from my vendor. Will checkback after he sends the quote!

OP
RCuber

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I just Got a message from my vendor, he is stating 40K including taxes (Excluding Monitor).

Core i7 920
Gigabyte EX58-UD5
4GB DDR3 RAM
500GB HDD
DVD Writer
Cabinet
KBD/Mouse

Havent got the complete quote yet.. will try to negotiate after seeing the quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom