High end LCD/LED TV for gaming purpose

anupam.v

Right off the assembly line
I am dumping my 3 year old PC monitor, and need a new one. However, I can go for a high end LCD TV - if I get good gaming performance. Any suggestions are welcome.

OP
A

anupam.v

Right off the assembly line
What is your budget?
And what screen size you want?

Price is not an issue for me but I can’t compromise with quality. This time I am looking ahead to buy such a TV/features which I never had/use before and for that I have yet decided to pay around 80k for approx 46 inches screen.

Lalit Kishore

Broken In
Depends also on the games that you play, e.g., Xbox games vs. PC games. Consoles like Xbox are well optimized for TV - so they work well with it - PC versions (usually) not so. The biggest issue with playing video games on TV is the response rate - anything higher than 6 ms is not considered good. In that respect, I would suggest LG LM7600 (I own one too - the 42 inch screen model) - for two reasons. First, it has a Gaming mode - wherein the refresh rate adjusts to allow for lower response time. And second, you can enjoy the Dual Play feature - where two players can enjoy the same game, and both get to see their own individual screen only.

aroraanant

Explorer
Price is not an issue for me but I can’t compromise with quality. This time I am looking ahead to buy such a TV/features which I never had/use before and for that I have yet decided to pay around 80k for approx 46 inches screen.

Samsung ES56000 is the best option for you considering that that you don't need a 3D TV

Top Bottom