'Hide Folders' in External HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

fakkadbaba

Broken In
I am in the process of procuring an internal HDD and putting it in a casing to make it function like a external hard disk for backing up my personal/important data/movies/songs etc. Is there any free software which can help me in keeping the desired "Folders/Files" on this hard disk 'hidden', even when it is plugged onto other computers besides mine?? I would prefer 'hiding' than 'encrypting'. Then, can this software also give me the capability to view these hidden files and folders on other computers, when I want to??

ThinkFree

Technomancer
What's the need of any software . You can just change its properties to hidden using PROPERTIES of the file/folder

OP
fakkadbaba

fakkadbaba

Broken In
Well, that is not 'secure' in my sense. I think it would be possible for anyone 'learned' to amend the properties, and does the changed property 'carry' to other computers??

yogeshm.007

The real Bond
I think Security + Hiding is not a good combination. As another option, you can buy an external drive which boost of such features.

shift

Seed is the Life!!
the best way to hide folder is to keep in System Volume Information folder, if the partition is FAT32 format

OP
fakkadbaba

fakkadbaba

Broken In
As told, I changed the properties of a folder to 'hidden'. Now the problem was "how to make it 'unhidden', when I just could not see it when connected to another computer? Luckily, I could bring it back to life by locating it with 'Explorer XP'. Is their something to obviate this problem??

Also tell me, if it is possible to have partitions on such external hard disk. And, if 'yes', then how??

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^To reduce the trouble in accessing hidden files, you can make only the parent folder hidden and keep other files unhidden. Just enter the name of hidden folder in address bar and press enter and then you will be able to see all files

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Please people, hidden files were vogue, say ten years ago. Now, even a baby can unhide hidden files. Now we need real software which can hide files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom