Hidden system driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkaraj

In the zone
There is a hidden system driver as detected by avg anti-rootkit. i hav attached the screenshot. Should i delete the system driver or should i leave as it is?

I also did a scan by hijackthis but did not find any such suspicious file. i have attached its log.

A full system scan by mcafee also did not reveal any such file. However some days back i had done a scan by avg anti-spyware and had found a similar hidden system driver file. At that time i had fixed it thru avg. Now there is again another file. Should i delete it?

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Create a new system restore point and delete that file. If something wrong happens use the created system restore point to revert otherwise believe that AVG anti rootkit is not wrong

adi007

Youngling
i suggest u delete the file coz i googled the file name ahu13p95.SYS and found no results ..if it were a windows driver file then it would have given some results..
don't know whether i am right or not?

OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
^^^Thanx for ur suggestion. i havent deleted ahu13p95.SYS coz it is not there in its location:mad:

I again scanned from avg anti-rootkit and hav attached a screenshot of the result. As seen in the screenshot, there is a new file detected. i searched for that file in my computer and the search returned zero results:confused:

i hav already scanned my system with mcafee and avg anti-spyware and there are no threats detected.

adi007

Youngling
^^The files are there but it's hidden as well as behaving like system files..
first change the folder options..
via view>>Folder Options..
enable show hidden files and folders,show file extensions,show system files option..
After doing this u will find the file...
don't search the file navigate to that location itself and delete the file if u are sure that it's not system driver file...
U could search for that file too but searching will not search hidden and system files by default...in order to do that search as usual and in the middle stop the search select ..check include system and hidden files option and select expanded... and click search..(sorry if i'm wrong in some steps coz i have no internet connection in my home..and in our college there is linux so it's difficult to express how to do...)

and BTW i googled the file ajv1ozz5.sys and found no results..so there is greater possibility that it might not be a system driver file..

Last edited:
OP
pushkaraj

pushkaraj

In the zone
^^ Thanx for ur reply man.

i searched all the drives on my computer even after checking to search hidden and system files. couldn't get tat file. also now if i scan thru avg anti-rootkit, it again shows me a new file which is again ABSENT in my system.

Probably there is some problem with the avg anti-rootkit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom