Status
Not open for further replies.

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
I have a cyrix 4 pc clocked at 735 mhz with 128 mb ram. I run win xp professional with sp-2. I have all the latest patches installed. Earlier I ran xp with no patches and the hibernating feature worked fine. After formatting pc when I hibernate the next time when I resume the mouse stops working.
My some friends said that it was due to a driver clash.How to troubleshoot.Help!!!!

champ_rock

champ_rock
could be... it can be anything with windows and with sp2 even if u say ur window s didnt resume i will believe it...

Tech&ME

Banned
No this is not a problem.

First upgrade your RAM, since windows puts hibernation info in there. Next, after hibernation press F8 at the boot screen and go ahead and delete the hibernation info (u will get the option to do so) and boot normally.

Now, the next time you hibernate and then start , your problem will get solved.

(this happens due to bad hive left on the memory)

godsownman

Padawan
Tech&ME said:
No this is not a problem.

First upgrade your RAM, since windows puts hibernation info in there. Next, after hibernation press F8 at the boot screen and go ahead and delete the hibernation info (u will get the option to do so) and boot normally.

Now, the next time you hibernate and then start , your problem will get solved.

(this happens due to bad hive left on the memory)

Hey I cannot understand what you are trying to say. Can you please explain .

I dont face any problem its just for adding another point in General Knowledge.

Regards and sorry for the trouble.

whim_gen

Journeyman
LOL
If Windows puts the system state in the RAM when hibernating,won't the contents of the RAM be erased while booting back :?:
Nope,windows puts the required info on ur HDD.
No offence to the original solution provider.
Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom