Hi Think Digit heroes. Need guidance on HTPC- GAMING

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Exactly.. Flipkart is 1GB version and MDcomputers is non-OC version.
I really don't know how much difference it is going to make (1GB vs 2GB and OC vs Stock) but I dont want to settle with less, if I can afford a few hundred bucks more :)

2GB against 1GB is going to make difference in some of very intensive games like BF3 @ ultra settings and in intensive 3D work. It would be future proof to opt for 2GB model.

Regarding stock vs OC'ed, if you don't want to take risk of OCing, then go for factory OC'ed, or if you don't care for the extra 10-15% performance gain at all, then get stock.

OP
S

santhoshxtra

Broken In
Bought these items from a local computer store

MB Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H 32GB DDR3
SMPS Corsair Gaming Series GS600 — 80 PLUS® Certified
Case NZXT Gamma Mid Tower
HDD WD Caviar Black 1 TB
SDD OCZ 60 GB AGILITY 3 SATA III
RAM Corsair Vengeance 4 GB x2
OPT Samsung DVD RW SH224

Cost of the above Rs. 23,500
I wanted WD blue and Corsair CX500V2 both were not available so just upgraded them.

The following I am planning to buy online
GPU Gigabyte AMD HD 7850 OC 2GB GDDR5
CPU Intel Core i5-3470 3rd Gen

Already bought
DISP BENQ E2220 HD 21.5"
INP Microsoft Desktop 2000 wireless keyboard and mouse
NET TPlink N150 Wifi router

Excited about building the beast. :)

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
OK.
Just one last query before pulling the trigger.
Is the 7870 worth Rs. 4k difference?

Definitely.
For Rs 1200 and 12% more performance than the HD7850 and 5% to 7% less performance and less money than the HD 7870 the GTX 660 is a good option too at Rs 14784.

Last edited:
OP
S

santhoshxtra

Broken In
Corsair GS600 has its fan on the top. Should I mount it the same way (fan blowing air upwards, inside the case)?

Also, I have two stock fans fitted in the NZXT Gamma tower, one at rear and another on top as exhaust and the CM fan on the front panel (intake)
Is this fine?

OP
S

santhoshxtra

Broken In
Thanks for the suggestion, Bitfenix Prodigy looks cool for sure.
But I have already purchased everything, just waiting for the CPU and GPU to be delivered from an online store.
Any suggestions on the PSU and fans mounting

OP
S

santhoshxtra

Broken In
This is CM 90CFM fan installed on the front

*i193.photobucket.com/albums/z102/ultraboyxp/fan2_zpscec30b24.jpg

I think that there are too many restrictions for this intake- as mentioned in the below pic.
Will it be better to shift the fan to the side panel or get an additional fan or just do nothing?
I already have two stock fans- on rear back and rear top as exhausts.

*i193.photobucket.com/albums/z102/ultraboyxp/fan_zpse21e84f9.jpg

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
@santhoshxtra: congratulations on your purchase.. I would love to see the pics the whole setup including your AVR, DAC and TV.. not to forget the HTPC :D

Top Bottom