hi need help for web site...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mak1012

Journeyman
hi friends we are celebrating a fest in our college .. for that we require a web site. this job is given to me but i dont know what is a procedure to launch a web site so can you please help me. i want to know something..
1:- from where i'll get the domain.
2:- After getting the domain.. who will host my site.
3:- i can i get some ppl in mumbai to design my web.
4:- can you please tell me how much it will cost us. (please give the amount for each and every one)

thnks

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
1) you can buy domain name from any domain registrar.I can give you a .com for Rs. 325.You can buy from here:
buy.techiehost.org

2) Buy a hosting from any hosting company.

I can give you one year hosting for Rs. 300/- per year.
100MB space
2 GB bandwidth/ Month
cPanell 11
All unlimited features(E-mail Ids,database, Addon domain, parked domain)
Visit : www.techiehost.org for more plans and pricing.

99.9% uptime guarantee..else money return.

Server:
powerful Dual CPU Quad Core Clovertown Xeon (8 logical CPU's) machines with 4GB of memory .

daily, weekly, monthly backup.

3) I am not in mumbai..but than also I can help you to design your website.

4) Cost will depend on hosting package and host provider.

Last edited:
for hosting and domain registration the person doesn't need to be in mumbai ...... and techiehost.org is a good choice, i can say as i am a costumer of it. but it shld be better that u find a designer with in ur city. I know a friend who designs websites in mumbai ...so if u want i can give u his contact number. just pm me.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
harryneopotter said:
for hosting and domain registration the person doesn't need to be in mumbai ...... and techiehost.org is a good choice, i can say as i am a costumer of it.
thanks for kind comment :)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
mak1012 said:
4:- can you please tell me how much it will cost us. (please give the amount for each and every one)

thnks

Here what i can suggest

1. If you need domain for small time, go for Yahoo Domains. Its just 2$ or Rs 80 for first year
2. Its upto you, if you want to go for Paid hosting or free hosting. If you want hosting, there tons of them out there. If you need small space for small price, check my sig
3. You can make website dynamic by using scripts like Joomla, Wordpress etc and it will take loads of you. You can also search for professional designs at www.templatemonster.com
4. It depends, how you want to go about it :rolleyes:

OP
mak1012

mak1012

Journeyman
all you said about hosting what about design charge. i dont have time to design....

Ravi can you please specify what does mean 1gb bandwidth/month.

is there ne company which designs website and how much they charge?

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
mak1012 said:
Ravi can you please specify what does mean 1gb bandwidth/month.
Here Bandwidth means data transfer.
"bandwidth" is to describe the amount of data that can be transferred to or from the website or server, measured in bytes transferred over a prescribed period of time. This can be more accurately described as "Monthly Data Transfer."

Web hosting companies often quote a monthly bandwidth limit for a website, for example 5 gigabytes per month. If visitors to the website download a total greater than 5 gigabytes in one month, the bandwidth limit will have been exceeded.

For a general website 1 GB bandwidth is sufficient.

is there ne company which designs website and how much they charge?
there are lots of companies offering web design.But I will suggest you to prefer one of your own city.

OP
mak1012

mak1012

Journeyman
ravi_9793 said:
there are lots of companies offering web design.But I will suggest you to prefer one of your own city.

but i want to know how much they charge coz.. some ppl i know who design the web site but i really dont know wht would be the cost for the website design..
i dont wanna give them a extra buck or less.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
mak1012 said:
but i want to know how much they charge coz.. some ppl i know who design the web site but i really dont know wht would be the cost for the website design..
i dont wanna give them a extra buck or less.
cost will depend on the type of website you want.
1) A simple html website cost will be small.While flash website design will cost higher.
2)Also cost will depend on use of website like (institutional, e-commerce, personal,)..and like that.
3) cost will depend on number of page.
4) Cost will depend on number of database used and size of database.

And like that.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Prices for designing a website can start from 200$ and can go upto 1000$.

In India, designers charge between Rs 10,000-80,000 and go upto lakhs if a huge website is needed. Depends on type of client and designer both. If designer is a company, charges are more. If designer is individual, costs are less.

qualityhostings

Right off the assembly line
Go for Reseller Hosting or Master Reseller hosting

or even Alpha Master Reseller Hosting !!

Earn double money! also publish your site for very low cost!

Special Offer :
Unlimited Reseller Hosting Just Rs2000 /yr
Host unlimited domains
Unlimited Diskspace
Unlimited Bandwidth

PHP , MySQL
all unlimited features,!

Your site will be hosting in
P4 3Ghz Dual Core processor
LayeredTech, SAVVIS datacenter

We have resellers all over india !

SunTex Hosting at www.suntexhosting.com

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
qualityhostings said:

Special Offer :
Host unlimited domains
Unlimited Diskspace
Unlimited Bandwidth

PHP , MySQL
all unlimited features,!

Before making your site live, why don't you check for broken links? :mad:

Fix Broken Order Links on *www.suntexhosting.com/?shared and *www.suntexhosting.com/?master

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
qualityhostings said:

Special Offer :
Host unlimited domains
Unlimited Diskspace
Unlimited Bandwidth

PHP , MySQL
all unlimited features,!

dont oversell dear...Do right for right future. :)

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Unlimited Diskspace....:lol: since when layeretech started selling servers with unlimited bandwidth and space. Awesome, also tell us which Manufacturer made "unlimited HDD" and MOBO supporting it.. :lol:

ahref

In the zone
Right word is unmetered instead of unlimited. You can sell unmetered webspace and bandwidth, but unlimited is not practical.

qualityhostings

Right off the assembly line
Master Reseller

Links are fine.

By Unlimited Means, We will not limit the diskspace you are using.

Currently we have our new server from layerdtech with 500 GB SATA hard disk and only 15 GB is filled now.

If it reach about 80 % , then we will buy a secondary hard disk of 500 GB or 1 TB which is practicaly possible and I dont think it will cost us more!

You can see our server status at www.suntexhosting.com/status

Please not that : [SIZE=-1] Kernel + applications is the RAM usage of the server.

This is not overselling I think.

Also , we are the one and only web hosting firm in India, giving Alpha Master Reseller Hosting, in which a master reseller can create another master reseller!

Best Regards
SunTex Hosting

Why a Reseller where you can be MASTER!

[/SIZE]

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
To get a domain,first check if the domain name u r lookin for is available.If not,then choose another.Once u get an available domain name of ur choice,u shud register it!to register it just type 'domain name registration' in google search.
(I have recently registered my .com domain name for Rs.400 per year)

There are many hosts in the market.u shud know ur requirements b4 u choose a host.u shud know if u r gonna use simpe HTML n javascript or PHP,Perl-cgi,flash,etc!U can have a better idea of this after u know answer after u consult the web designer.

Just google search for 'We desiging solutions in mumbai'.I am sure a lot many wud pop-up!

If u want to do it urself,u can use freeHTML editor like AceHTML,Evrsoft First page,etc.

Domain name name registration: Rs.400 per year for a .com(prices may sligtly vary from one to other service provider)

Web space:Hosting my website costs me Rs.500 per year.However,I have only HTML and PHP on my website.U can see the entire list of features at *igchosting.in/linux_shared.php I use Plan A from it!

Web designing-cost varies.......if u urself do it,its Rs.0.00
By the way,u can get FREE template for ur site so that u dont have strat from scratch.I used a free template from www.interspire.com for my website.But u shud know basic HTML editing and photoediting for that.

To simplify the entire process,just take help of any friend who know image editing and/or html editing!

thnks

BTW can u tell us which coll r u from?(ofcoure if u dont mind!)

may be someone can help u better than

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom