Hi All Genious, Help Plez

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
I have Intel pentium 4 cpu 3.00ghz + D915GAV Motherboard + 80gb sata + 512 ddr ram + nvidia geforce pcx 5300

But i want to upgread my pc, I want to purchase 250 gb hd, ddr2 ram & best grafix card & UPS so plez suggest me a good brand products with price in mumbai.

Is d DDR2 ram supported to my D915GAV Motherboard?

Plez give some extra info also...to boost up my pc 4 animation softwares like 3d max, maya etc.....

Plez suggest the good quality UPS [Ultra Power Saver]

Thanks In Advance....:)

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
Nope ur mobo doesnt support ddr2 ram..
BTW increase ur ram to 2gb and get a better GPU..
or upgrade ur whole pc..
U ll get a seagate 250gb sata hdd for 2.5k..
1 gb ddr 400 mhz ram for 1.8k..
and a xfx 8600gt 256mb gddr3 for 5.5k..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
If you want to boost your pc for animation get around 2GB or 4GB ram.
Get a powerful card with atleast 256 mb memory.
Mention your budget so i can suggest you the card?

Also from next time onwards don't give the thread such silly title.
Atleast describe your query in short for the title.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
Abe pappu tu yaha bhi tapak pada tere se info li na maine now i m collecting more info....
& ya i m going to purchase 2 1gb rams & i want grafix card which supports directx 10. is the xfx 8600gt 256mb gddr3 supports dx 10?

@Cool G5, I only want d good parts so there is no need to ask my budget...

Plez post the good brand also

seagate is good 4 250hd?
which brand best 4 ddr ram?
which brand 4 UPS?
With Price Plez.

Last edited:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
For harddisk Seagate is good.
For Ram look for Kingston.
Pathiks has already mentioned the prices.
About UPS i don't know which is reliable.The other members will help you.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
CHALLENGER said:
seagate is good 4 250hd?
which brand best 4 ddr ram?
which brand 4 UPS?
With Price Plez.
Yes...seagate is good.
For RAM-->>kingston or transend or hynix.
UPS-->> APC 500 VA Rs. 2200/-

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Get 600VA APC, just to make sure that it can handle the systems load. Though i think 500VA can take the load, get the 600 in case u add somethin later.

For HDD, get 320Gb seagate perpendicular for 3.5k. Much better performance than 250Gb seagate normal.
Get the card from XFX. Dun settle for 8600GT UDF3, which has heating issue. Get model UDF7.

For memory u can get6 any of these:
Kingston, Transcent, Corsair etc.
Get 2x1Gb sticks and use that new ones only, coz if u use ur old 512 with it, u can't get dual channel.
2Gb dual channel is better than 2.5GB single ch.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
Ohhh Great, BIG THANKS TO ALL OF U GUYS,

I m going to purchase,

320Gb seagate perpendicular for 3.5k
Transend 1gb * 2 Ram [ As they given LifeTime Warranty ]
APC 500 VA Rs. 2200/- [ Only want to save my work & turn off the pc safely ]

Now i m only confuse about gfx card as i know u suggest me, XFX 8600gt

but pathiks suggest me xfx 8600gt 256mb gddr3 &
aravind_n20 suggtest me Same card but whats this gddr3, UDF3, UDF7???

Is the XFX 8600gt supports direct x 10? & Finally which is the best in this & 4 what price???

Also suggest me a good quality DVD WRITER as now i have Sony DVD RW DW-D22A but its not working.
My Sony DVD RW DW-D22A reads normal cd's & dvd's but writes only normal cd's & gives problem in dvd write as well if cd is having some scratch then also it rejects to read it, this is 4 normal cd also....so i want good writer which reads scratchable cd's also.

I want to cell my 512ddr 400mhz hynix ram, sony dvd writer & nvidia geforce pcx 5300 so whats the good price 4 sell this all parts?

Once again thanks 4 ur help...

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
GDDR3 8600GT is better than the DDR2 version. The main difference is that in GDDR3 the ram can run at higher clock speeds making it faster than the DDR2 ram..

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
Thanks nvidia8800,

So GeForce 8600 GT supports the dx 10, what ur reviews on GeForce 8600 GTS ?? & wahts d price of GeForce 8600 GTS? Is the GTS is better then GT ?

CHECK THE DIFFERENCE IN GeForce 8600 GT & GeForce 8600 GTS

Whats the price of GeForce 8800 GT?

Is Crysis is working on GeForce 8600 GT ? I understand the GDDR3 matter but whats this UDF3, UDF7?

Sorry about lots of questions but i want better results 4 my money thats why i m asking...hope u r going to help me, Thanks.

NO1 WANTS TO HELP ME???
i FIX THE HD, RAM & UPS JUST SUGGEST THE GFX CARD, DVD WRITER & GOOD SELLING PRICE 4 512ddr 400mhz hynix ram, sony dvd writer & nvidia geforce pcx 5300.

ABOUT GFX CARD WHATS THIS UDF3, UDF7??? WHICH I PERFER UDF3 OR UDF7? MAY I DEMAND xfx 8600gt 256mb gddr3 UDF3 OR xfx 8600gt 256mb gddr3 UDF7 ????

xfx 8600gt 256mb gddr3 IS BETTER THAN xfx 8600gts 256mb gddr3????

WHATS THE PRICE OF xfx 8600gts 256mb gddr3????

PLEZ HELP SOON...THANKS.

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Yes, all 8 series cards support DX10.
Crysis runs just fine on 8600GT but you cannot play it under very high.
Btw if you can tell us the budget for your Graphics Card then we could help you further.
Price of 8600GT ~ 5800Rs
8600GTS ~ 11500Rs.
UDF3 UDG7 etc are only under XFX products. Everythig in the card remains the same except the clock speed. The UDF7 and the UDF3 are the same i think.
But the UUD3/UDD7 is different. Their core clock speeds is 620Mhz compared to 540Mhz on the UDF3. And Memory Clock is 1.6GHz instead of 1.4Ghz.

For more information on the product comparison go to
*www.xfxforce.com/web/product/listComparableProducts.jspa?series=GeForce%26trade%3B+8600&seriesId=1054321

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
Thanku so much nvidia8800, so finally i decide to go 4 XFX 8600GT ~ 5800rs but only suggest 1 from this,
UDF3? UDF7? UUD3 OR UU7? IS THE PRICE IS SAME 4 ALL? & MY POWER SUPPLY IS 400W SO THIS XFX 8600GT SUPPORTS MY POWER SUPPLY? I CHECK THE MAIN NVIDIA SITE THE POWER SUPPLY REQUIRES 4 8600GT IS 300W BUT JUST ASKING...

PRICE OF 8600GTS IS BIT TO HIGH COMPAIRE TO 8600GT & ITS FEATURES BUT IF I GO 4 8600GTS THEN MY DEAL IS GOOD OR NOT?

I M GOING 4--

XFX 8600GT 256mb gddr3 FOR 5.5K [PLEZ SUGGEST THAT UDF/UUD]

320Gb seagate perpendicular for 3.5k

Transend 1gb * 2 Ram [ As they given LifeTime Warranty ] FOR 3.6K

APC 500 VA FOR 2.2K [ Only want to save my work & turn off the pc safely ]

ONLY REMAINING IS BEST DVD WRITER AS MY Sony DVD RW DW-D22A NOT WRITES THE DVDS ANYMORE. CHECK THE POST NO #8, MY ROM IS DAMAGE OR WHAT?

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
UDF3 was the first version released from XFX. Its the normal non overclocked version, but had some heating issues and was discontinued. XFX replaced that series with the newer UDF7 model with all specs being same, nd fixed the overheating issue.
But some shopkeepers wanna clear their UDF3 stocks, so theyll even reduce the prices than normal ones for that models.
UDF3 has limited overclockability.
8600GTS has poor value for money. Even 7900GS for 9k beats it hands down. But its only advantage over 7900GS/GT is its DX10.

Cards like 8800GT has gr8 value for money @13k, but i seriously doubt that ur current proccy wud be bottleneck for such cards. 8600GT suits ur need.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
Thanks for importanrt info. aravind_n20..
ya i m also thinking the same as my mobo, proccy & 400w power supply is not good 4 highend cards so if i purchase 8800 series then i have to change all things & at least 4 now thats not possiable so XFX 8600gt is far better 4 me now as it costs me 5.5k so i can replace it later....but fianally UDF7 or UUD7? & cost is same na??

suggest me dvd writer also with price. what about Nec 3500AG??

=========================

Oops i forget to ask bro's, now i have samsung 80gb sata & now i m going to purchase 320Gb seagate perpendicular so is there any problem with this coz of different brands or coz of difference in size as 80gb is to low then 320gb.

which hd i prefer as my primary hd? 80gb samsung or 320gb seagate?? this realy matters? or antthing is okkk?

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----
400W will be enough to run 8600GT. But for smoother performance get atleast 450W PSU which will be enough.

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
Thanks bro but thats not possiable 4 now at least i have to stick with 400w. tell me yaar may i go 4 udf 7 or uud 7? whats the price 4 uud 7?

Gimee some info about hard disk, plez read post no #14...Thanks to all friends & realy sorry 4 lotz of questions but realy i want to purchase some good 4 my money & realy don't want to do any single mistake.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
Youre Welcome.:D
I dont think there is something like primary and secondary in SATA like IDE.
If it exists then make the new one as Primary/master.
You can use 2 hdds of different companys and different size..

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@CHALLENGER
DVDRW: go for liteon 20X or liteon 20X lightscribe for 1.4k and 1.7k.

Or Asus 18X Sata Lightscribe is a gud choice for 1.75k

There is no probs in adding another HDD. Be it 320 ro 750 or 1TB.
And u can use either of them as primary. Perpendicular ones has better performance, so install OS on it.

As for card, first check which one is available with ur local dealer. Then decide considering each's price.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
I dont know about the udf3 ddd7....etc,etc.
For more information on those goto XFX's website.
I already told you that the main difference between them is the clock speeds. So buy the one with higher clock speed

OP
CHALLENGER

CHALLENGER

Journeyman
yappy realy realy great thanks nvidia8800 & aravind_n20...u both realy help me a lot..

FINALLY I M GOING TO PURCHASE....

GFX CARD = XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB DDR3 DUAL DVI XXX (PV-T84J-UDD3, PV-T84J-UDD7) [AS BETTER FAN SPPED THEN UDF3 & UDF7]

HARD DISK = SEAGATE PERPENDICULAR 320GB 7200RPM

RAM = 2 * 1 GB TRANSEND DDR 400MHZ

DVD RW = Asus 18X Sata Lightscribe

IS THIS FINE? IF U STILL HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS PLEZ FEEL FREE TO POST IT BUT SOON..I HAVE ONLY 2/3 DAYS LEFT. THANKS ONCE AGAIN 4 GREAT HELP.

I WANT TO SELL THIS, SUGGEST ME A GOOD SELLING PRICE 4 512ddr 400mhz hynix ram, Sony DVD RW DW-D22A & nvidia geforce pcx 5300.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom