Hey Guys Think U can get piracy on blue ray discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I think the Sony Blu-Ray writer Model No: DRU-800A costs around 42k.The writer was mentioned in this month's chip article for best products line up & came in as the second runner up.:D

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well at present NO.But in the near future as the prices begin to plummet & demand for additional storage space on optical media's increases the Blu Driver will become a major standard.The prices at this point are very high & as such no compatible media is found in the market.So it's practically a waste to purchase a Blu-Ray writer in India.

K

krazyfrog

Even DVD players were very expensive when they first came. Now look how inexpensive they've become. Obviously the cheaper ones aren't that great, but they get the job done. Same will happen with Blu-Ray players. In say about 2 years, the prices would have become less than half.

hellrider

Broken In
Introduction of Bluray in PS3 is one of the most aggressive move by Sony I believe, Currently now allmost 400,000 of PS3 consoles have sold, that means 400,000 of Bluray's, & I believe only 10% of that number will be having HD-DVD players. And all the PS 3 owners will opt for Bluray movies as they hav Bluray ROMs... so more number of movie publishers will opt for Bluray media. Sony is clear winner here in next gen DVD format wars here!! They made perfect stratergy here.. I hope it pays off.. but also integrating Bluray into PS3 is hurting Sony in terms of lesser PS3 unit productions , ..but will pays off in longer run for sure!!

K

krazyfrog

^^ Yes, back when PS2 was launched, DVD was a new product and a developing market. Sony realised its potential and used it in its console. It was a killer marketing move and one of the big reasons why the PS2 was so successful. Even though XBOX was launched much later, Microsoft didn't include dvd video playback in it by default and made customers buy an aftermarket dvd playback kit to enable dvd playback. Same is the case with today's consoles, only the formats have changed. But sony (being sony) includes BluRay disc support and microsoft still asks its customers to buy an aftermarket HD-DVD playback kit to enable HD-DVD playback on its XBOX 360 console. Its when you take in account all these things that you'll realise that PS3 is actually good value for money, even at its high price.

pinak06

Broken In
Everything will cost lower by the day. Who knows when the day might come when blue ray will be history just as DVD is gonna be in the near future.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
You said piracy in the title of your post. I wonder, the blue ray disc has so much capacity. I cannot imagine it being sold on the footpath like cds or dvds simply because the pirates would not know what combinations to sell movies or mp3s in. Besides, it will also mean lower volumes of sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom