Here's the situation! Help me choose.

Monk

Journeyman
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)

30,000 INR +/- 2,000INR

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
d. Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
e. Desktop Replacement; 17"+ screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook?
India.

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: ASUS, HP, Lenovo, Dell
b. Dislike: Sony, Acer

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
I need one for college, I'll be using Maya, Adobe After effects, photoshop.. And will love if it can play games at low/medium-ish settings

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
Usually at home. But will be carrying it sometimes to college.

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
Mostly FPS, Like Crysis, BF, COD etc

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
Anything 2.5+ hours will be good.

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
I would like to get a hold of it before i buy em.:-D

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
DOS will do, better if it has Win7.

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
720P.

After searching around the market i have found 4 notebook which float my boat, but I'm confused among them. It will be great if someone can help me choose the right one according to my needs, the notebooks i have zeroed down are as follows:-

1. ASUS X53TA
Amd QuadCore 3400M
2GB Ram
6720G2 1GB Graphics
500GB HDD
15.6 Screen
DOS

2. HP G6 1313AX
Amd Quad Core 3420MX
4GB Ram
AMD Radeon HD 6520G + 7450M Dual GPU (Skeptical about this GPU, would like someone to review it)
500GB HDD
WIN7 HB

3. ASUS K53
2nd Gen Core i3
2GB Ram
500GB HDD
Nvidia 520M
DOS

4. Dell Inpiron 15R
2nd Gen Core i3
2GB Ram
320 GB HDD
Nvidia 525M
DOS

Help me pick the right one! Or suggest something else I'm open to suggestion guys! :mrgreen:

Regards,
Monk

ssb1551

Technomancer
^^How is the build quality of the laptop?? Even I'm considering buying either that or the following one : Asus X53SC-SX492D Asus X53SC-SX492D / Core i5 / 2 GB / 750 GB / Free DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

The Asus one has good build quality and it stays quite cold. Not so sure about the Samsung you recommended. Have you tried or found any review of the aforementioned model?

@ OP - If you are strictly in the budget of 30k then have a look at Asus K Series K53SC-SX106D Asus K Series K53SC-SX106D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

OP
Monk

Monk

Journeyman
If you can extend your budget a lil bit then have a look at Samsung NP300E5Z-S08IN

It's Indeed a good machine , TBH I'm really tight with my budget right now :cry:.

^^How is the build quality of the laptop??

I've checked the machine and it looks and feels really sturdy to hold, does not looks cheap at all! Here is a review video of 300 series Samsung.
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS2PjdD9u8k

OP - If you are strictly in the budget of 30k then have a look at Asus K Series K53SC-SX106D Asus K Series K53SC-SX106D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

I already did a research about that laptop, actually Nvidia 520M is only marginally faster than Intel 3000. IMHO Its better to go with i5 and Intel 3000. :lol:

There is another laptop from Lenovo - Lenovo Essential G Series G570 (59-315902) Laptop. Has anyone used it?

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
ASUS X53SC-SX536D is a good option if you can spend ~35K.

These are some other good options around 35k.:wink:

ssb1551

Technomancer

I already did a research about that laptop, actually Nvidia 520M is only marginally faster than Intel 3000. IMHO Its better to go with i5 and Intel 3000. :lol:

There is another laptop from Lenovo - Lenovo Essential G Series G570 (59-315902) Laptop. Has anyone used it?

Well I checked notebookcheck.net for 520M and 520MX. Its true - 520M is as you said marginally faster - but some games can't be played on Intel HD 3000 whereas sm can be played on 520M and 520MX is faster than 520M.

OP
Monk

Monk

Journeyman
Well I checked notebookcheck.net for 520M and 520MX. Its true - 520M is as you said marginally faster - but some games can't be played on Intel HD 3000 whereas sm can be played on 520M and 520MX is faster than 520M.

GT 520M/MX is meant for light gaming. I'm pretty sure it can run BF3 at native resolution with everything turned low. This card will perform way better with older tittles of 2009-10.
But I'm afraid this card will become obsolete in 2years or so.
Anyways, thanks for suggestion! :mrgreen:

aroraanant

Explorer
If you want a i5 and Intel HD 3000 combo then the best option is ASUS P53E-S0101D

And the build quality of samsung is quite good, the best part is it gives a battery back up of around 6hrs and the display is also good.

Yes you are right but difference between 520M and 520MX is very less

But at the same time the difference between 520M or MX and Intel 3000 will be noticeable

OP
Monk

Monk

Journeyman
I think i will be going with ASUS X53TA as its the best bang out of the buck IMHO. When you talk about a laptop with 'gaming' capability you're most likely looking at a machine with atleast core i5 with a GT 540M GPU with a budget of 40K+.
I don't know if llano can compete with an i5, but certainly 6720G2 is somewhat similar to 540m if not better.
Thanks everyone!:lol:

Top Bottom