Status
Not open for further replies.
:p:p
I had a severe attack of virus spyware and adware.I was using AVG free edition.I was surfing on orkut and had a severe attack of the the above..My browser was hijacked (Firefox 3 and above.Avg was useless as far as removing the viruses. I tried spyware terminator it removed the spyware Zlob downloader and the others but the moment I restarted my comp they were back inspite of disabling system restore.I saw three icons on the desktop which i couldn't get rid off.the moment I started the internet IE would open and it would take me to some unknown website and automatically without my permission a virus scan would start..on the start menu i found my programmes, my computer and control panel just vanished.I deleted AVG and installed Avira.I was able to get rid of some viruses. Show hidden files and folders in folder options had also disappeared.I had to double click my computer on desktop to open explorer.I have three partitions C,D,E. I could only see E. C and D had disappeared. I could not see my desktop as it was continuously saying restote my active desktop. It was then I installed spybot search and destroy.and scanned the entire system.Smith Fraud and Zlob downloader and Svc host exe were deleted and of course many other viruses. I am still not able to bring back show hidden files and folders without installing the OS. I was not able to use my comp for nearly four weeks as my comp was infected very badly.
I want to add spybot search and destroy to my right click on files and folders so I can do a scan.
I cannot burn any dvd's or cd's with nero as it gives an error message "power error".It was working fine before the virus attack.
After this virus attack I am not able to copy paste or delete any files and folders in my pen drive. Cannot selete.......Access is denied.Make sure the disk is not full or write- protected and that the file is currently not in use. is there any way i can get this error rectified.
whenever I close any software or file using the red x on the right top corner all the icons on my desktop blink.Is there any way i can rectify this problem

:-x:p:-x

swatkat

Technomancer
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and scan your system. Remove all malicious items it may find. Let me know the status of the system after the scan!
*www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom